• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Howling Dog-Site Recommendations? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Perhap the child has special needs"

Sounds more like the mom is needy!

If she had a special needs child, I'm sure she would have thrown that in as she sure wasn't hesitant about giving other info out that appears to be wrong. Most of us are far from ignorant, and the *red* flags go up on threads like this.

I think so. (Though i am so forum niave i had to look up what trolling meant!) I defended a TROLL! :blush: Even when what it said didn't quite add up. :confused3 I thought it was just sarcasm.

I had to look up trolling too. I just figured the OP was being sarcastic.

I'll be there from the 11th to the 18th of this month. It will be our first time at FW, and I'm glad we aren't there with the OP! No offense meant, and she did indicate they are first-time campers. As a long-time camper with two dogs (who aren't going on this trip), we are very aware that extended barking is an annoyance. We are lucky that our dogs are well-behaved when we aren't at the camper. If they weren't, they would never go along. Every campground I've ever stayed at is explicit about animal behavior, and most campgrounds reserve the right to ask you to vacate if an animal becomes a real problem.

The fact is that your average camper is more likely to be a dog owner, and with that in mind most campers are tolerant of our four-legged friends. If the OP isn't a troll, please just be aware that you need to consider your neighbors when camping/RV'ing. A campground isn't typically a free-for-all where rules go out the window. A little common courtesy can go a long way.

I think so. (Though i am so forum niave i had to look up what trolling meant!) I defended a TROLL! :blush: Even when what it said didn't quite add up. :confused3 I thought it was just sarcasm.

You were giving the poster the benefit of doubt and taking the time to be very helpful and supportive. That is what the Dis is all about. :goodvibes I don't know if the poster if a troll. It just sounded that way. That, unfortunately is the dark side. Few and far between but they show up once in a while.:scared1:

I think the OP's location could be a clue too. Part of that location is slang for a certain body area that the sun don't shine on. Tender Donkey Perhaps???

wishuponastarforever said:
you were giving the poster the benefit of doubt and taking the time to be very helpful and supportive. That is what the dis is all about. :goodvibes i don't know if the poster if a troll. It just sounded that way. That, unfortunately is the dark side. Few and far between but they show up once in a while.:scared1:

thank you! :-)

I love most dogs. However, I used to live next door to a lady who owned 7 of those chihuahuas. I grew to hate them. Worst yapper dog on the planet.

OP....if you have the kind of money that you can rent 7 campsites at The Fort even in February, you have the kind of money that you could have someone come sit with the dog every day or board it daily at WDW's kennel facilities.....or hire a good trainer to cure her of this bad trait before you arrive. It is cruel to leave a dog locked up and howling in an RV all day. It's not good for your neighbors and it's not good for the dog. If I were your neighbor and the Disney CMs turned a blind eye to the disturbance, my next call would be to the SPCA to report you for cruelty to animals.

The last time we were at The Fort, there was a dog being a huge disturbance across the street from us. And the owners were actually on site at the time. Dog was only a disturbance the first night. We saw CMs over there and after that the dog was seen no more.

We used to have a German Shepherd/Keshound mix who was a wonderful dog that we rescued from a shelter (lost her to cancer a few years ago and still miss her terribly). However, we learned after our first (and only) camping trip with her that she just wasn't a camper. Some dogs aren't. We ended up having our daughter come sit with her or boarded her at our vet (who loved her and she loved them so everybody was happy).

Your daughter's right to happiness stops at the line between your campsite and the neighbor's campsite. :listen:

Hi again Tented1,

I'm no troll-I had to look it up myself!

I haven't posted anything lately because I got everyone so riled up...and I want this to be a happy place for all. It seemed like the more I tried to solve the problem, the more truly mean-spirited comments (and SPCA calling threats) I received. I re-read my posts, and the people are right-it comes across as bragging...but if we met, I hope you'd all see that I'm not so bad. I really appreciate everyone who tried to help me.

Tented1, you were very kind to me-I wanted to let you know that your initial instincts were spot-on...I just really needed some wisdom from the 'boards because I was worried about offending the people around our site.

We have completely cancelled our trip, so if anyone hears a barking chihuahua at the Fort any time in the future...it's not my doggie.

So sorry to hear that you canceled your trip..but again I know that it had to be stressful for you to worry about people getting upset, over if your dog would be barking while you were at the park.
I hope that you will once again try to come stay at the Fort Wilderness campsite, when you feel the time is right.
As I'm sure your family would have enjoyed their stay.

Cancelled a trip because of the dog? It's a dog and yes I have 2 and love them dearly but they aren't going to be the reason I cancel a vacation! Maybe have the find find a calming med for the pet!!! Don't stop your plans !

Cancelled a trip because of the dog? It's a dog and yes I have 2 and love them dearly but they aren't going to be the reason I cancel a vacation! Maybe have the find find a calming med for the pet!!! Don't stop your plans !

:thumbsup2 But if you read all her posts on this thread you will see that there are more issues at play here than a dog :confused3 In fact, the way she speaks of being so entitled, some of us wonder if she is for *real* ;)

Here at the Fort now, and we sure will not put up with constantly barking dogs.

I think it is a shame you are having so much negative feedback. Just how much noise can a pup that small make ? We have 2 Toy Fox Terriers who bark at everyone who passes by, and it bothers us, but we would hate to not be able to have them with us. Several people recommended the "Thunder Shirt" for our pups fear of the fireworks and thunder storms, and many swear by them for calming dogs with separation anxiety, as well. I am buying two to try during the fireworks, as both my pups go bananas with panting, pacing, and trembling. They have a money back policy if it doesn't work, so you might get one for her, and give it a good try at home. I hope and pray it will work for you all, so you can have her with you at the fort.

I think that most of the negative response is due to the over the top bragging. I mean, read the post about the seven camp sites for two weeks. That's about $10,000. Who would do that. Then the $100 gift cards to quiet the complaints? And all the perks that you can supposedly buy? It seems a little outrageous.

I hope the OP can find a way to enjoy Disney, and even the Fort. It just seems the claims that have been made are far fetched.

I think that most of the negative response is due to the over the top bragging. I mean, read the post about the seven camp sites for two weeks. That's about $10,000. Who would do that. Then the $100 gift cards to quiet the complaints? And all the perks that you can supposedly buy? It seems a little outrageous.

I hope the OP can find a way to enjoy Disney, and even the Fort. It just seems the claims that have been made are far fetched.

:thumbsup2 This!

Fish, How much noise can a small dog make? Are you for real? How about people who come to the Fort for peace and relaxation? I would not like to pay $100 or so for a campsite and have to listen to a yapper all day every day the owners chose to leave it alone. It would be so inconsiderate to even comprehend. If your dog can't be controlled,. it has no place at any campground where there are other paying customers. In fact, if your dog cannot be controlled, maybe the owner needs some training!

having had a fw campout ruined by a barking dog, i can tell you there are not enough gift cards in the world to make up for that level of annoyance. If it happens again, i would be calling the local authorities re pet abuse.

If you can afford all those gift cards and special site requests, you can afford the kennel...which would be way better for the pup anyway.

+1.

After reading this whole thread, I suspect the original post was made for trolling purposes.

I think it is a shame you are having so much negative feedback. Just how much noise can a pup that small make ? We have 2 Toy Fox Terriers who bark at everyone who passes by, and it bothers us, but we would hate to not be able to have them with us. Several people recommended the "Thunder Shirt" for our pups fear of the fireworks and thunder storms, and many swear by them for calming dogs with separation anxiety, as well. I am buying two to try during the fireworks, as both my pups go bananas with panting, pacing, and trembling. They have a money back policy if it doesn't work, so you might get one for her, and give it a good try at home. I hope and pray it will work for you all, so you can have her with you at the fort.

We got our money back - didn't work with our dog. :sad2:

Don't count on 7 sites next to each other. They do not let you reserve spiciffic sites. On our recent trip we were traveling with our daughter who has a pop up with 5 little ones. I made both reservations so we would be together. Comfort stations aren't always close enough to run the kids to the potty so we needed to be together so they could use our bathroom. Also called twice to make sure we wern't in a pet loop. 18 month old is terrified of dogs. When we checked in they were in 100 and we were in 300. (pet loop) They did end up switching us both to 200.

Don't count on 7 sites next to each other. They do not let you reserve spiciffic sites. On our recent trip we were traveling with our daughter who has a pop up with 5 little ones. I made both reservations so we would be together. Comfort stations aren't always close enough to run the kids to the potty so we needed to be together so they could use our bathroom. Also called twice to make sure we wern't in a pet loop. 18 month old is terrified of dogs. When we checked in they were in 100 and we were in 300. (pet loop) They did end up switching us both to 200.

Go back and read OP's post #15. As you stated, there is no way to guarantee that many sites together. Most of us don't believe all her bragging either - it's what made the *light* go on - troll!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter