• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

howl o scream

LEANNE1302

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,

just wondering if you can help out with this, my hubby, son (13) and I will be here in October and wanted to know if this was any good or if my son can even attend due to his age. we have done HHN and MNSSHP and wanted to add something new to the list.

thanks for help.

Well, if you have done HHN night at Universal with your 13 year old son and he did not have nightmares that night, then he is braver than I am and I am 21 :lmao:. I am to chicken to go, but I want to see the themeing SOOO bad.

Anyways, HHN seems to be the most intense event during Halloween, so Howl O Screams should be fine as long as he handled HHN ok.

Hi guys,

just wondering if you can help out with this, my hubby, son (13) and I will be here in October and wanted to know if this was any good or if my son can even attend due to his age. we have done HHN and MNSSHP and wanted to add something new to the list.

thanks for help.
I've never been to HOS but from what I've heard, its more intense than HHN. If he was fine at HHN then he should be OK for HOS.

I'm going to move this to the SeaWorld boards since more questions about Busch Gardens are answered there.

HHN and HOS are very similar if he can handle HHN he'll be fine at HOS.I like both events,HHN obviously is the more hyped event with more money spent for theming and for the houses,but the truth is I've been to both on the same years and have preferred the houses at HOS.HHN is the event I won't miss since I've only missed like 3 years in the 20 year history but I try to make it to HOS if I can,it's still a very good Halloween event.

HOS is very very fun and not nearly as crowded as HHN gets, I think if he could handle HHN he can handle HOS.

He just about handled HHN at the time as he was only 10, he did one house and then freaked. He then got taunted really badly by a scareactor, to the extent that the guy was practically touching me and my son was cowering behind me! In hindsight i would not have taken him if i had know how bad it was going to be for him, but he loves all the films and he was adamant that he wanted to go. he loved the shows.

We did the HOS at BG Williamsburg last year - we had a good time - it all seemed to be good fun... although still scary. I'm getting the idea that HHN is more intense - although Williamsburg could be totally different than Tampa. We'll be hitting HHN (for DH & DD) and MNSSHP (for me)! We also plan to go to BG Tampa - which has become one of our favorite parks too - especially with our SW/BG Platimum Pass!

I think I read that HOS is a hard ticket event at BG Tampa... is that correct? (It was included with regular park admission in Williamsburg).

We did the HOS at BG Williamsburg last year - we had a good time - it all seemed to be good fun... although still scary. I'm getting the idea that HHN is more intense - although Williamsburg could be totally different than Tampa. We'll be hitting HHN (for DH & DD) and MNSSHP (for me)! We also plan to go to BG Tampa - which has become one of our favorite parks too - especially with our SW/BG Platimum Pass!

I think I read that HOS is a hard ticket event at BG Tampa... is that correct? (It was included with regular park admission in Williamsburg).

Yes at Tampa it's a hard ticket event,it's gotten a bit more elaborate and big throughout the years as it basically has to compete with HHN.Last year there were 8 houses,6 scare zones and 3 shows.I've never been to the HOS at Williamsburg but have seen several photo trip reports and obviously it's done right,it just hasn't gotten as big as the one in Tampa yet which in my opinion does rival HHN very well.

I've never been to the HOS at Williamsburg but have seen several photo trip reports and obviously it's done right,it just hasn't gotten as big as the one in Tampa yet which in my opinion does rival HHN very well.

It is a hard ticket event, but they do offer a lot of good discounts, its really popular with us locals due to the great deals we've gotten!

Scare wise, I put them on par with each other, though one thing I can say that I've never done at HHN but have done at HOS is find myself running out of a house. And if your son likes zombies, well by the looks of things, HOS's theme this year is zombies.

For me the biggest difference between the two is at HHN you are walking through a house in an assembly line, you see other people being scared and although it is funny you seldom get the experience yourself because of the massive crowds but at HOS I have been in houses where I had no one around me (definitely a better scare factor) or maybe someone in front of you who is grabbed and pulled out of the line (an actor but great effect). That being said, they are both fantastic.

Well last year HOS had an upcharge house where they sent you in by yourself and supposedly was an extreme scare experience,if you made it out you got a t shirt.I never did it but I would like to hear some reviews from anyone who did it in case they have one this year.

Well last year HOS had an upcharge house where they sent you in by yourself and supposedly was an extreme scare experience,if you made it out you got a t shirt.I never did it but I would like to hear some reviews from anyone who did it in case they have one this year.

Yes, Alone will return, if it is a different plot and concept, I'll do it again.

For $25 online or $35 at the park (If they did not sell out, which happened most nights or have no shows,) 1-4 guests could enter the house for a ver personalized experience, you only get the shirt if you go in alone, I went in with a friend and his little sister.

I laughed, screamed, and ran. The only reason I laughed was because my friend's little sister was getting picked on to the extreme. It was pretty scary and interesting, we had the first reservation of the night so it was pretty nerve wracking for me. I highly recommend doing it if you can handle it.

My husband and I spent 5 days at BG and HOS lat year. I was worried that HOS was not gonna hold a candle to my beloved HHN! We didn't go in with high hopes. It was great! less crowded than HHN was. We had passes that got us into BG for a week and every HOS that was scheduled for that weekend for about 100 bucks. Try and do that at the other parks. The Fiends show was neat, we saw that every night we went (they had sexy male nurses last year). I wish I could remember the other show, we only watched that once.

HOS is a must do for all that love getting scared.It does rival HHN,if not surpass it in a few ways.
Surpasses it by:
1)its not as populer as HHN,yet(thats were the benefit comes from of cheaper prices)
2)it seems like lower crowds,but the park is 2times the size of the Studios and they spread it out more
3)they got ALONE,a house that you don't want to do alone trust me

All in all its a very solid event.If you can do it,do it..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter