• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Howard Johnson Questions...this sounds weird to me.

Beauty

DIS Veteran
I have friends who called me (knowing the Disney freak I am) and askied about a rate they got at the Howard Johnson about 2 miles from Disney.

She told me for 5 nights and for 2 rooms the total was $280 dollars for all 5 nights and the 2 rooms. Does that sound right? Like $20 something dollars per night?

I was really leery of it and told her I would get back to her. How is this hotel?? This is their first time to Disney and they are going to spend 4 days in the parks and 1 at IOA.

I know nothing about the Howard Johnson because we have never stayed off sight.

????? What do yall think?

I stayed at the enchanted land one last year for a night- it was around $35 for a kidsuite.
It was ok- nothing special, but not disgusting either.

Okay she says its Howard Johnson Florida Mall.....

Now thats a pretty good distance away from Disney isn't it. The rate is $28.98.

She also has a quote from Days Inn on I-Drive for around $36 per night.

Tell her to try a rady, set, go auction on Skyauction. She can get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with kitchen and living room for about $250 for a week. I used them last year and am using them again this year. Others on this board have used them too.
Even if she only uses it for 5 days, it is still cheaper than the Howard Johnson, and probably nicer.

The only thing I have seen cheaper was the $20 rate for weeknights at the Marriott(I think). I don't know if any of those rooms are left.

Is there a reason she is getting 2 rooms?

I don't know much about where Florida mall is. You could try putting the address into Yahoo maps and see where it shows up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter