How would you spend a night alone at WDW???

IvyandLace

Certified pixie dust user
Hi, guys...after all the overtime I'm getting at work, I've decided to stay one extra night at WDW...alone! My mom and sis will leave September 25th around 5pm from MCO after five days in the World, and then I'll have the evening to myself!! I've been excited about this trip to begin with, but knowing that I'll have time there with just myself is really exhilerating! I'm making all sorts of plans in my head....hmmm....I could (pick one) swim and lounge around the resort (ASMu), pick another resort to lounge around at (aka pretend i'm staying at the Grand Floridian), take myself out to a nice restaurant on the premises (Flying Fish?? Spoodles??), or even (gasp) spend the money for another day in the park and enjoy E-night at MK!! Wow! So much to contemplate! So what would YOU do if you had one night alone in WDW??

:confused: IVY :confused:

I have a preschooler, so when I found myself alone at the Magic Kingdom on a business trip, I did things that I could not do if she was with me. I rode Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain, then grabbed a great spot and waited for over an HOUR for the night time parade to begin. It was great to just people watch and relax.

I've thought about this many times. I would love
to have an evening all to myself. I would go to
Downtown Disney and/or the Boardwalk and just
sit and enjoy where I am.

Well, living with only boys who think allot of the "cute" stuff is "stupid", I would go to the different parks and see all the wonderful "singing" shows that my boys never want to see, (Lion King etc). I'd spend time walking around the World Showcase, shopping and enjoying the different little acts, which I've not done yet, I'd eat at somewhere that I've wanted to, but has been "voted down" and I'd end the day at the Magic Kingdom watching the parade and fireworks (which I love) and staying to see the "kiss goodnight", which we haven't been able to do yet. Have FUN!!!

I guess that's allot for an "evening", but you can see I'd probably have no trouble filling in the time and my problem would be in choosing which to do!!! There's always soooooooo much !!!!!!!! Have a great evening!!

I would probably spend most of my time at Disney Studios since that seems to be my partner's least favorite park and we don't spend much time there. I could use the day to explore it alone!

Get a massage, facial, whatever! Relax and pamper yourself! I am sure you deserve it! ;)

I would probably do the countries in Epcot, just take my time and see all I missed with no one rushing me to the next attraction.

I would either do e-night, or spend the evening at MGM riding TOT and RNR over and over, LOL

Let us know how you spent your solo evening when you get back!

Katholyn

Curl up with a book in the AKL Concierge Lounge. You never know you could make a new DIS friend that way. I actually met 2 DIS members at AKL concierge this trip. One had the room next to me. We were all there for the EPCOT PIN EVENT.

I've got 4 of them starting Saturday :bounce: If I remember I'll let you know how I filled them. right now I plan to do cirque du soleil & pleasure island on different nights....and then maybe Jellyrolls or ESPN....we shall see! In fact the big question is what to do during the day! My only restriction this trip is that I will NOT go into a theme park...no matter how much I might want to. I had planned to take a behind the scenes tour but decided that was too much like going into the parks.

I will probably do all the things my 15 year old DS keeps me from doing, i.e., sitting down and just watching the people pass by! I'd also go to a restaurant and have a meal other than hamburgers and french fries (all he wants to eat). I'd also get a good seat to view a parade. My DS won't stand still long enough for me to do this.

When I have solo nights at WDW, I love to have a nice dinner and then go to Pleasure Island where I just go back and forth from the Adventurers Club to the Comedy Warehouse and I have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter