• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How would you spend $60K this holiday season?

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
If you HAD to spend sixty thousand dollars cash money, no ifs ands or buts on just you ,would you buy one big thing or several smaller purchases?

Just curious!

DH would buy a corvette, but I would buy many, many smaller items that are needed for the house,(vinyl siding,etc. things that would make life easier in the future). I like improving the appearance of the house and some life insurance that we should have, but don't. I don't think I would have a problem spending it before Christmas!

Anyone else?

Lynn CC said:
If you HAD to spend sixty thousand dollars cash money, no ifs ands or buts on just you ,would you buy one big thing or several smaller purchases?

Just curious!

DH would buy a corvette, but I would buy many, many smaller items that are needed for the house,(vinyl siding,etc. things that would make life easier in the future). I like improving the appearance of the house and some life insurance that we should have, but don't. I don't think I would have a problem spending it before Christmas!

Anyone else?
I'd be debt free. With a nice little nest egg and a few splurges but nothing that would spend that much money. :teeth:

I'd probably give about half of it to various charities. Then I'd put up some gutters, maybe some additional landscaping, and hire someone to paint the wall that DH has been meaning to get to for three months. (I'm not a good housepainter!)

I can't think of much else I'd want to spend anything on--maybe one of those LP gas heaters for chilly nights on the lanai.

Anne

Lynn CC said:

The "on just you" part makes it tougher :scratchin because at first I was going to say I'd put it away for DD's college expenses that are coming up in just 18 months!

Hmm...I'd probably do some house things like you had said. A vinyl fence, some brick paving and landscaping, some new flooring, have the trim around the windows finished, redo the master bath, new dishwasher, new kitchen cabinets...that might get me to 60K! ;)

Put a window in both bathrooms (neither bathroom has one :confused3 ),
paint the entire inside of house, new carpeting, brand new deck and a nice storage shed.

Whatever is left over into the savings account.

:scratchin I would first be credit card debt free! Then I would have a Honda pilot. Then I would be at wdw. Then I would be on the Disney Magic. That would spend most of it.

I'd be debt free with a new van and car for dh... plus a nice Christmas trip to Disney with all the splurges, concierge and everything!

I'd spend it on 2 newer cars (around $30k we don't need much) and the rest on a down payment on a house, both of which we could really use.

I'd be debt free and move.

I guess if I move I wouldn't be debt free for long, But I'd have extra left over after paying off my house and all debts.

isn't it funny how most woman are practical and most men think of themselves.. :rotfl2: I said MOST not all remind you !!!! :teeth:

i'd buy lots of little things and save some for a family vacation ...

I would want to give half of it to my favorite DISer Lynn CC, it would just make me so happy to, just as I am sure she would love to give half of her $60,000.00 to me!! I'll PM you my address :teeth:

I would be debt free, woohoo!! Buy a Prius drive down to Disneyland and spend lots of money, go shopping at Fred Segal, then go on one heck of a European vacation!

Alice's Mom said:
I would want to give half of it to my favorite DISer Lynn CC, it would just make me so happy to, just as I am sure she would love to give half of her $60,000.00 to me!! I'll PM you my address :teeth:

LOL! Sounds like a plan to me :teeth:

Hmmm well I am already debt free except for the mortgage so I guess I would get a new car (a Toyota Highlander) and have all of the jobs around the house done. I would also prepay for maid service and a lawn service for a year! :)

I'd get myself a van. Then I would drive up to WDW for a while and take a DCL Magic cruise. And I'd buy a bunch of interpreting DVDs

Enlarge my kitchen by about five feet. New stove and refrigerator, remodel both bathrooms, ceramic tile throughout the house, new roof, new siding on the house too. Then buy DH and I new vehicles.

I'd put it towards a downpayment for our first home.

I'd totally renovate my kitchen, buy new windows and probably buy my new Honda Accord I've been eyeing. Of course, I'd be sure to squeeze a trip to WDW out of it for myself as well!

I'd go out and buy more DVC points, another 200 would be fine. Then, I'd take my dw on a vacation to the world. Oh wait, we're already going there in two weeks. :bounce: So I'd send her to the spa for a day. :love2: Finish landscaping our back yard, do some projects in the house. And the rest, I'd pay down our mortgage.

I know exactly what I would get - some new furniture and one of those nifty Prius hybrid cars!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter