How would you manage MK with these goals?

mom2grace

DIS Veteran
Okay, we typically visit off season, the past 2 trips have been late October and early May.

We are going to be in Orlando next week, and are doing MK on Wednesday. Took an educated guess that this would be a good day (the other choice is Thursday)

Our kids are 6 & 8, ride kids. They want to do mostly Splash and BTMR (over and over!), Space (once or twice is enough), HM, Tea Cups, and Country Bears from grandpa. (I had each child choose their top 3 attractions)

I might also like to do JC, PP if we can?

We will be at rope drop.

We have lunch ressies at CP at 2pm, we will be staying at the park until we are "done".

Typically we hit fantasyland first, then move to Frontier land and then do space later.

I have told the kids that we are there to soak up some Disney magic and enjoy the day, that it will be really crowded with long lines!

We will be back in a few years for a truer disney experience!

Would you head straight to Frontier? We will not be doing dumbo. Other suggestions? Tips?

Thanks!

If Splash and BTMRR are your biggest priorities, I'd head to Frontierland right away. If you have another adult with you, maybe that person could take everyone's tickets and go straight to Space Mtn at RD and grab FPs for the group. That's such a haul from everything else you want to do, it might be worth splitting up and getting the FPs right away. You and the kids could probably go straight to Splash or BTMRR and get a ride in before the other adult gets to you. You could then get FPs for one of those rides for later too. You might want to try to get FPs for JC (when you are able to since you can only have 2 at a time) since that line always seems to get crazy. I would expect the tea cups to be one of the slowest movers of your day. Just make sure you utilize FP as best you can and you should be good. Keep in mind that FPs may be gone by the afternoon for many rides since the crowds have been crazy lately.

Good luck and enjoy!

If Splash and BTMRR are your biggest priorities, I'd head to Frontierland right away. If you have another adult with you, maybe that person could take everyone's tickets and go straight to Space Mtn at RD and grab FPs for the group. That's such a haul from everything else you want to do, it might be worth splitting up and getting the FPs right away. You and the kids could probably go straight to Splash or BTMRR and get a ride in before the other adult gets to you. You could then get FPs for one of those rides for later too. You might want to try to get FPs for JC (when you are able to since you can only have 2 at a time) since that line always seems to get crazy. I would expect the tea cups to be one of the slowest movers of your day. Just make sure you utilize FP as best you can and you should be good. Keep in mind that FPs may be gone by the afternoon for many rides since the crowds have been crazy lately.

Good luck and enjoy!

I think this is a great plan as well. As soon as your FP window opens for Space, grab a FP for BTMRR. I would say 2-3 ride max on BTMRR would be a great accomplishment. When that window opens up grab another FP immediately, either Splash (if you havn't done it) or Peter Pan, they seem to be going very fast lately with the '10' days.

Good luck and enjoy!

Thx! We will have 4 adults, and we like to take turns on BTMRR as it gets our tummies queasy after so many rides. Plus the kids can have more turns that way with FP.

I would do it like this:

Space
Teacups
Get Splash FP's
Ride Splash using standby line
Ride BTMR
JC
HM
Country Bears
When your window for getting another FP has opened, get one for BTMR
If your Splash FP return hasn't come yet, see something like the HOP, Tiki Room, or Philharmagic.
Ride Splash using the FP's
Probably lunch time by now
If your BTMR return time hasn't opened yet, you could see the next Dream Along with Mickey, maybe the parade...whatever, just see something that please you until your BTMR return time has opened.

if you are staying on site, Thursday is EMH at MK, you could get a lot more done from 8-10am then 9-10am, just a thought ;)

Happy planning! We arrive thursday afternoon! :woohoo:

if you are staying on site, Thursday is EMH at MK, you could get a lot more done from 8-10am then 9-10am, just a thought ;)

Happy planning! We arrive thursday afternoon! :woohoo:

We are not on-site, this is a total last minute/not really a disney trip day!

Our kids are 6 & 8, ride kids. They want to do mostly Splash and BTMR (over and over!), Space (once or twice is enough), HM, Tea Cups, and Country Bears from grandpa. (I had each child choose their top 3 attractions)

I might also like to do JC, PP if we can?

We will be at rope drop.

We have lunch ressies at CP at 2pm, we will be staying at the park until we are "done".

Typically we hit fantasyland first, then move to Frontier land and then do space later.

I would hit the Railroad to Frontierland at RD.... Ride Splash and BTMR first...then FP....then head to HM. Then ride / FP Splash and BTMR again. Now ride the RR back to Toon Town. Ride OR FP Space Mountain...then do Tea Cups...

You might want to add in Country Bears and JC after the SECOND riding of Splash and BTMRR....

Have a Magical visit !

Mary

I would hit the Railroad to Frontierland at RD.... Ride Splash and BTMR first...then FP....then head to HM. Then ride / FP Splash and BTMR again. Now ride the RR back to Toon Town. Ride OR FP Space Mountain...then do Tea Cups...

You might want to add in Country Bears and JC after the SECOND riding of Splash and BTMRR....

Have a Magical visit !

Mary

I like this thinking, here's my modifications:

FP BMRR, ride BTMRR & Splash, Peter Pan (& maybe other FL rides that have short lines), HM, then back to BTMRR & Splash. How long do you think this will take this Wednesday?

Get another BTMRR FP if window has opened, then head to SM & Tea Cups?

Or should we get SM FP first thing in the am?

The rest is gravy?

Thanks!

Good luck and enjoy!

You can have as many FPs at a time as you can collect. You can only get 1 set at a time but do not have to use any of those til getting next sets. Each FP ticket will tell you right on it when you can get the next.
IOW-There is no "can only have 2 at a time" rule.

don't forget single rider on Splash mt. :)
There is no single rider line at Splash. The only singles lines at WDW are TT, RnRC and EE

Wow, rough week to go:

Time Attraction Area Expected
Wait Ride
Time Walking Time to
Next Attraction
9:07 AM Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Frontierland 5 Min 5 Min 1 Min
9:18 AM Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Frontierland 6 Min 5 Min 2 Min
9:31 AM Splash Mountain Frontierland 10 Min 13 Min 1 Min
9:55 AM Get Splash Mountain FASTPASS (see tip #1 below) Frontierland 0 Min 1 Min 11 Min
10:07 AM Haunted Mansion (see tip #2) Liberty Square 2 Min 12 Min 10 Min
10:31 AM Mad Tea Party Fantasyland 8 Min 4 Min 9 Min
10:52 AM Space Mountain Tomorrowland 34 Min 7 Min 15 Min
11:48 AM Get Jungle Cruise FASTPASS Adventureland 0 Min 1 Min 4 Min
11:53 AM Pirates of the Caribbean (see tip #3) Adventureland 21 Min 13 Min 4 Min
12:31 PM Splash Mountain (use FASTPASS) Frontierland 11 Min 13 Min 4 Min
12:59 PM Country Bear Jamboree Frontierland 12 Min 18 Min 3 Min
1:32 PM Jungle Cruise (use FASTPASS) Adventureland 7 Min 12 Min 4 Min
2:00 PM Lunch at Crystal Palace Restaurant Main Street, USA 0 Min 60 Min 0 Min

Wow, rough week to go:

Time Attraction Area Expected
Wait Ride
Time Walking Time to
Next Attraction
9:07 AM Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Frontierland 5 Min 5 Min 1 Min
9:18 AM Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Frontierland 6 Min 5 Min 2 Min
9:31 AM Splash Mountain Frontierland 10 Min 13 Min 1 Min
9:55 AM Get Splash Mountain FASTPASS (see tip #1 below) Frontierland 0 Min 1 Min 11 Min
10:07 AM Haunted Mansion (see tip #2) Liberty Square 2 Min 12 Min 10 Min
10:31 AM Mad Tea Party Fantasyland 8 Min 4 Min 9 Min
10:52 AM Space Mountain Tomorrowland 34 Min 7 Min 15 Min
11:48 AM Get Jungle Cruise FASTPASS Adventureland 0 Min 1 Min 4 Min
11:53 AM Pirates of the Caribbean (see tip #3) Adventureland 21 Min 13 Min 4 Min
12:31 PM Splash Mountain (use FASTPASS) Frontierland 11 Min 13 Min 4 Min
12:59 PM Country Bear Jamboree Frontierland 12 Min 18 Min 3 Min
1:32 PM Jungle Cruise (use FASTPASS) Adventureland 7 Min 12 Min 4 Min
2:00 PM Lunch at Crystal Palace Restaurant Main Street, USA 0 Min 60 Min 0 Min

Can you explain this chart a little bit? It looks awesome! What are the tips?

Yes, this is not how we usually do WDW, we are only doing MK and focusing on the highlights for us. We are usually off-off season WDW'ers!

It's the output from Ridemax. If you go to ridemax.com, you can download the software. It allows you to put in the date, the park, what times you can ride rides, what rides you want to ride (and how many times...you just put in the ride multiple times) and what breaks you have (like lunch). I am using it for this trip for the first time, but everyone on the boards loves it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter