How would you describe Killamanjaro Safari to a doctor??

Mary976

DIS Veteran
So DD's cardiologist has said she can't ride roller coasters for the foreseeable future (DD is quite unhappy with this). We're hoping this will all be resolved before our next WDW trip, but timing wise I'm thinking we may have a "no thrill ride" trip the next time around.

Also on the banned list are tilt a while style rides or anything that spins fast. I did promise DD I would ask about the Safari but I can't quite figure out how to describe it. I really don't think it's much rougher than off roading in a Jeep or something like that...would others agree? I don't want to risk DD's health but the Safari is one of her favorite rides and I'd like her to be able to go on it if possible.

Thanks,
Mary

I describe it as driving up a gravel driveway in the country... which is something you do quite often around here. Lots of gravel driveways and parking lots. I don't feel like the safari is anything more then that.

The ride has a warning about passengers with heart problems, tho I don't know if that would include your DD's health. Can you find a video on you tube and send the URL link to your doctor?

it has Disney's general warning,which pretty much includes everything.

i would describe it as a bumpy ride on simulated rutted dirt roads. So, it is kind of like off-roading.
It includes some scenes where guests may appear to be close to dangerous animals (including crocodiles) and a scene with a bumpy, rickety bridge that may appear ready to collapse. Guests are not in any danger though.

There are places where non-dangerous animals might be close.

There used to be a sequence where guests were helping to capture poachers; this included a fast trip through some geysers. This storyline is no longer included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter