How would you compare the size of ASMU to POFQ?

Shell0616

Mouseketeer
I have never been to POFQ. One of the consistent things mentioned here is how small it is. This way I will have something to compare it to.

I'm just wondering how small it really is. So bigger than the ASMu? Smaller? About the same size?

Thanks so much for your help!!

I have never been to POFQ. One of the consistent things mentioned here is how small it is. This way I will have something to compare it to.

I'm just wondering how small it really is. So bigger than the ASMu? Smaller? About the same size?

Thanks so much for your help!!

The difference in size is noticable, but not huge.

The rooms at POFQ are bigger than ASMu and you can tell their bigger, but they're not that much bigger. Now the Contemporary, those rooms are BIGGER.

Oops. I'm sorry. I meant the size of the whole resort.

Although, its good to know the rooms are bigger! hehe

We were at ASmu in September and POFQ in May of 2002...

To us, POFQ is in fact bigger with larger walking distances from rooms farthest from the main building.

ASmu had more of "Magic Kingdom" layout: Main Building, Calypso, and Jazz making up Mainstreet, the piano pool as the hub, Rock Inn as Tomorrowland, Country Fair as Fantasyland, and Broadway as Adventureland.

POFQ is more of "Disney Hollywood Studios" layout: Mainbuilding makes up the central hat location, Buildings 1 - 3 are Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster, while buildings 5-7 are the Soundstage, Star Tours, and the backlot Tour.

Basically the biggest difference is that POFQ is more horizontal while ASMu is more verticle layout wise.

Maybe it's just the building design/layout but we do feel that it's larger, but smaller when compared to Disney's other Moderate resorts. Either way the layout is very nice and offers some great rooms close to the main building and pool area. I'd say that only building in which you'd notice a considerable difference is building 7.

This would be my personal comparison:
Calypso/Jazz: Buildings 2, 3, 4, and 5
Rock Inn/Broadway: Buildings 1 and 6
Country Fair: Building 7

POFQ has such amazing grounds that the walk is that much more enjoyable! You will definately notice a more spacious difference... but in a good way!

Wow. That was a really great description. Thank you very very much.

We have stayed at ASMu twice and Sports once. I never found anything to be to long of a walk. I'm really excited to be upgrading to a moderate but for some reason I keep second guessing myself. For now I'm going to leave the reservation as is for POFQ. I'm thinking of requesting building 2 or 5 at POFQ.

Thank you so much for your detailed response!

Shellie

Definitely keep your ressie at POFQ!!! The walk to the bus stop and food court SEEMED shorter at POFQ (and we were in building 7) but I don't know if that was just my perception or not...the busses were great there and the resort just has such a nice feel to it. We stayed at AMSu in May and are going back to POFQ this April. I think you will really be happy with the upgrade to a moderate. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter