How windy...???

pumpkin5156

DIS Veteran
....does it have to be for them to cancel the fireworks? My sis and I are going tomorrow afternoon/evening specifically for all the parades, nighttime stuff and I checked weather.com and it says windy tomorrow.

Anyone?

....does it have to be for them to cancel the fireworks? My sis and I are going tomorrow afternoon/evening specifically for all the parades, nighttime stuff and I checked weather.com and it says windy tomorrow.

Anyone?

Not sure exactly. But I do know that it's more to do with the winds higher up. Sometimes it's not windy at all on the ground and walking around the parks. but it's still too windy up high so they can't do the fireworks.

good luck. but don't be shocked if they are cancelled.

If it is anything tomorrow night like it has been today I would say no fireworks but don't worry about it, it could just work out and if not your still at DL!

a good 5mph - 10mph wind can kill the fireworks. its too much around. :| A lot of the kills are due to the really close fireworks proximity around the hub. Those are the BIG BIG main concerns.

I like to use the flag on top of the Dream Suite (used to be gallery) as a measure for if they will cancel the fireworks.

If the flag is waving in the wind consistently, you can pretty much bet there won't be fireworks or Fantasmic!

thanks for all the replies. We'll see how it goes. I know Albort already posted pics of the new parade, but I will add some tomorrow after our trip. leaving in 1 hour...

yippppeeee.....

What is important is what the winds are higher up, not on the ground. Sometimes it seems not very windy on the ground but the fireworks still get cancelled.

What is important is what the winds are higher up, not on the ground. Sometimes it seems not very windy on the ground but the fireworks still get cancelled.

i think i hear an echo in here. :rotfl2:

A lot of times, it depends on which direction the wind is blowing also. Once, half way through the show, the wind patterns switched and sent ash/smoke onto the guests in the hub and the fireworks immediately shut down.

I like using the flagpole on top of the Main Street train station as well as the flag pole as indicators :p

When we where there 2 weeks ago they made an announcement that due to wind they were cancelling fireworks. We couldn't feel or see the wind and about 5 minutes later they said due to wind in "upper atmosphere" the fireworks would be cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter