How will Verizon know?

We over pay for so many things in life that others get discounts for. Verizon won't know and I would keep quiet about it. It bugs me that with cable, phone, cell phone....that people pay different rates based on their ability to negotiate different terms. The discount basically just covers the taxes. My husband lost his job, we did not update the discount, we were lucky to still be able to pay our bill.
Find out if your new company offers a discount then switch if you need to.

Way to justify stealing something. Would you think it ok to go into a store and steal a steak, becasue it is so high priced? Or would you think the better choice would be to buy what you can afford to buy, even if it is just hamburger?

I enjoy a discount for AT&T service. I no longer work for the company that got me the discount. I called AT&T to cancel service at the end of that contract. When retention asked my reason for canceling I said I no longer worked for that company and thus I didn't want to pay full price. They gave me the discounted rate to continue service with them.

I have no bad conscience thinking I'm stealing anything. They were very clear that I could keep the discount as long as I continued service. If I terminated service the discount would be gone.

Well truth is, I will probably be going to Straight Talk anyways. Really hate to break my contract with Verizon, but I may just have to. My credit sucks anyways.

Ok, so I am thinking about changing jobs and I was wondering about my discount with Verizon. I get a 22% discount through my employer, as do many people. If that discount were to be taken away I would just have to give up Verizon and go with Straight Talk or Smart Talk with Walmart. I am thinking of doing that anyway. I was wondering how long I could continue to keep my 22% discount with my GE employment if I decide to change jobs. Just how would Verizon know?

They won't. We still have my hubby's discount from a job he hasn't worked at in about 3 years.

After reading this thread I am starting to wonder if anyone DOESN'T have a discount with Verizon....:confused3 (we have one through dh's employer)

The lst time I upgraded I told the gut i no longer worked at the place that had my discount. He looked up my current empolyer and the discount was quite a bit less. He told me to leave it alone and keep the higher discount.

Being as this is the DIS, I was pretty flabbergasted that this thread made it all the way to post 13 before people started passing judgements instead of simply answering the question! :laughing::laughing::laughing:popcorn::

My daughter works for a hospital, and they have a discount with verizon.Does anyone know if she can add me and her sister to her plan and we would also get the discount.??She thought as she is the one working there that it only applied to her, and I wonder if she cant add us on as family plan. Anyone know??

My daughter works for a hospital, and they have a discount with verizon.Does anyone know if she can add me and her sister to her plan and we would also get the discount.??She thought as she is the one working there that it only applied to her, and I wonder if she cant add us on as family plan. Anyone know??

My DH works PT at a hospital and gets the discount too. It only applies to the main line and not the add-ons (mine in this case) so I doubt it will apply to you.

I must say, I love having the discount and when I was upgrading my phone the last time I inquired "If DH quits that job, what happens to the discount". Our guy said don't worry about it, it will stay attached to his name unless we change plans. Seemed that was just how things worked. Another worker spoke up and said it didn't really matter to Verizon. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter