How will Verizon know?

SLJ6974

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I am thinking about changing jobs and I was wondering about my discount with Verizon. I get a 22% discount through my employer, as do many people. If that discount were to be taken away I would just have to give up Verizon and go with Straight Talk or Smart Talk with Walmart. I am thinking of doing that anyway. I was wondering how long I could continue to keep my 22% discount with my GE employment if I decide to change jobs. Just how would Verizon know?

i imagine they will NOT. Unless u change your plan or something

Ok, so I am thinking about changing jobs and I was wondering about my discount with Verizon. I get a 22% discount through my employer, as do many people. If that discount were to be taken away I would just have to give up Verizon and go with Straight Talk or Smart Talk with Walmart. I am thinking of doing that anyway. I was wondering how long I could continue to keep my 22% discount with my GE employment if I decide to change jobs. Just how would Verizon know?

You didn't have to give them an employee ID number when you signed up? I would imagine that would be revoked. I know they are very careful with any associate discounts we get at work, and we get a cell phone discount thru verizon, if we choose to use it.

I left my job 6 years ago and still have my employee discount. It is significant. In fact, I called them to see about changing to my husband's company discount and they told me not to bother - mine is a better deal. :confused3

We have two smartphones and pay $122/month after taxes for 550 minutes, unlimited data & texting.

You didn't have to give them an employee ID number when you signed up? I would imagine that would be revoked. I know they are very careful with any associate discounts we get at work, and we get a cell phone discount thru verizon, if we choose to use it.
I know in my case I just took a paystub to VZW store and they applied discount, Have added and upgraded phones never asked to prove still allowed to have discount.

Never had to reverify the employment status for the discount. I know the discount was first put on because of employment with Home Depot for 20%, but the Disney discount was only 18%. So it was never changed.

I honestly doubt any one calls to cancel their discount. It's not like the employer is paying for those privileges, it's offered to those employees by the Cell carrier. Often times, the employer uses that company for their primary phone services. So the carrier offers a discount to entice more people to change.

Even like with Disney, they use the Sprint network, and every line of business uses the Nextels and managers use Blackberries. Yet, there's an 18% discount with AT&T, as well as discounts with Verizon and some others.

They won't! I know people who are using discount codes for companies they never worked for (not me).

They won't.

I had a question about my husband's corporate discount, and emailed our corporate sales rep, and it took him three months to respond.

They're really not paying attention.

I left my job 6 years ago and still have my employee discount. It is significant. In fact, I called them to see about changing to my husband's company discount and they told me not to bother - mine is a better deal. :confused3

We have two smartphones and pay $122/month after taxes for 550 minutes, unlimited data & texting.

Ditto here.

DH used to work for Alltel & had cell phone service through them. Then, like 5 years ago the companies split into Alltel (cellular) & Windstream (landline). DH was with the Windstream but he still got the Alltel discount. Then Verizon bought Alltel... we still got our old Alltel discount. Then DH quit his job... still got the old Alltel discount.

I still have the discount on my phone but DH no longer does because his new job pays for his cell phone.

I left my job 6 years ago and still have my employee discount. It is significant. .
same here, I think mine is also about 6 years ago and have changed jobs twice. In fact, I could change to my new employers which will give me similar discount, but just never bother to do it.

They have never re-checked my discount and I have changed services and added 2 new lines to the account. I do still work for the same company and still should get my discount, but they have never asked me for company ID.

:sad2:

to the OP - even if Verizon doesn't know, you do and taking a discount you don't qualify for is dishonest in my opinion.

My husband worked for AT&T for awhile and then quit and went to Microsoft. At some point he was changing our plan cell phone plan or something and mentioned that he was not at AT&T anymore. They looked and told him that the AT&T discount was better and to keep it. They didn't care at all.

Great. Glad to hear that numerous others are able to keep it even if they change jobs. Still might go to Straight Talk though. You never know. Thanks.

to the OP - even if Verizon doesn't know, you do and taking a discount you don't qualify for is dishonest in my opinion.
Now that you changed jobs, does it cost Verizon more per month to keep the same arrangement with you, discount and all?

^^That^^

I'm amazed at how many people think it's okay to keep a discount that would no longer be valid. In my opinion, it's dishonest.

Now, if we were talking about someone getting a discount at Disney (for example, a Florida resident pass) and they weren't eligible for it, I'm sure a lot more people would think it was dishonest. Evidently, it's okay to cheat Verizon but not okay to cheat Disney. :lmao:

^^That^^

I'm amazed at how many people think it's okay to keep a discount that would no longer be valid. In my opinion, it's dishonest.

Now, if we were talking about someone getting a discount at Disney (for example, a Florida resident pass) and they weren't eligible for it, I'm sure a lot more people would think it was dishonest. Evidently, it's okay to cheat Verizon but not okay to cheat Disney. :lmao:

Dishonesty isn't a moral dilemma for the OP. Under her previous screen name she bragged about how she settled her CC debt for pennies on the dollar. She was quite proud of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter