How will this work?

katieam1

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney World Nov 28 to Dec 5 with my parents, sister and sisters boyfriend. There will be 2 rooms 4 people in each room. One room (my room) will have DXDDP and my parents room will have regular dining. We will probably only dine together once a day. Will it be considered a table of 6 or more with being two rooms and different dining plans? Will they will put the tip on each bill? We want to know how to budget and how I should book our ADR when I can book will they put both our resort reservation numbers on the reservation? This is our first trip as a group so I am not sure what I should do. Thanks for the help! What is the benefits of a grand gathering? What is it?
:)

Doesn't matter how many different rooms you have, you are all one party if you are eating together. Automatic tip will be added to each bill. You will have a split bill because you are paying with different dining plans. You will need to present a key card for your room to pay for the people who are staying in your room, and your parents will need to present one from their room to pay for meals for the people staying in their room. You will not be able to use your credits to buy your parents' meals.

Unless you are booking CRT or a dinner show on the dining plan and want to avoid prepayment, or you want to book 180 + 10 reservations you do not need to link your restaurant reservations to your room reservation at all. But if you prefer to, you need link only one room reservation.

A grand gathering will get you: the possibility of getting your rooms close together if you are staying in the same resort, and eligibility to do the special Grand Gathering meal events. It won't get you any kind of priority for making regular restaurant reservations or anything.

Thank you so much! My mom is asking me all these questions and I want to make sure we have the right answers. Thank you for your help! :)

Doesn't matter how many different rooms you have, you are all one party if you are eating together. Automatic tip will be added to each bill. You will have a split bill because you are paying with different dining plans. You will need to present a key card for your room to pay for the people who are staying in your room, and your parents will need to present one from their room to pay for meals for the people staying in their room. You will not be able to use your credits to buy your parents' meals.

Unless you are booking CRT or a dinner show on the dining plan and want to avoid prepayment, or you want to book 180 + 10 reservations you do not need to link your restaurant reservations to your room reservation at all. But if you prefer to, you need link only one room reservation.

A grand gathering will get you: the possibility of getting your rooms close together if you are staying in the same resort, and eligibility to do the special Grand Gathering meal events. It won't get you any kind of priority for making regular restaurant reservations or anything.

Thank you for the information! I am the one planning for everyone and it is becoming a headache with all the questions everyone is throwing at me and some of them I don't know. Thank you! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter