How/when do they do receptions in the parks?

melissarose

DIS Veteran
My boyfriend and I have been looking into a Disney wedding. We aren't engaged yet, but he finishes law school in 2 years and we are hoping to get married sometime the year after that.

What I was wondering, and I can't seem to find it anywhere, is how they hold receptions in the parks (AK, Epcot, HS). Do they hold a reception after the park closes for the night? Do they rope off an area for you? I'm just wondering how they do it without regular park guests mixing in to your wedding lol! And obviously other park guests might want to be in the area where your reception is so I can't think of any other way they'd do it, unless the park was closed!

to use most in park locations you must wait until after park closing before your reception can begin.

some areas, like the areas used for dessert parties at epcot, are offset from the main park areas and will be 'roped off' but you will be visable to other guests.

there are some in park locations, such as the living seas salon, american adventure parlour at epcot, and the backstage prop shop at hollywood studios, that can be used during park hours, but you must charter transport to get your guests backstage!

ohh, i see! that sounds good then, i think it would be kind of cool to have your reception in the park after it closes! awesome, thanks for the response!

We are having our reception in Epcot. They will rope off the Italy Isola West plaza for us. You cant have characters at the outside locations or music during park hours. We are going to do dinner then cut the cake at the fireworks.

We are having our reception in Epcot. They will rope off the Italy Isola West plaza for us. You cant have characters at the outside locations or music during park hours. We are going to do dinner then cut the cake at the fireworks.

oh wow that will be amazing i bet! i wouldn't mind not having characters, i think the fireworks would make up for that. i'm sure you're going to have an amazing wedding :)

We had our reception in AK after the park closed. We chose Ak because it has an early close time of 5 pm and we had to wait for 2 hours after the park closed. So we started our wedding at 530 and was ready for the reception at 7 PM every thing worked out wonderful. I would highly recommend AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter