• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How wet do you get on Splash Mountain?

twinnersmama

Mouseketeer
Is it like a log-jammer type ride where you get "splashed" or more like a soaking? My kids LOVE log-jammer type rides.

You get a "soaking" on Kalai River Rapids in AK, right? Do you take extra clothes if you plan on riding it? I think we are going to skip this one -- we don't like walking around soaked and don't want to fuss with changing clothes.

Is it like a log-jammer type ride where you get "splashed" or more like a soaking? My kids LOVE log-jammer type rides.

You get a "soaking" on Kalai River Rapids in AK, right? Do you take extra clothes if you plan on riding it? I think we are going to skip this one -- we don't like walking around soaked and don't want to fuss with changing clothes.

Yeah, it's a log jammer type, but the degree of soaking varies greatly. Some walk off drenched, some walk off barely wet. Personally I think it leans heavily towards barely wet, but others will argue.

It took me three years of consecutive trips to get my wife to go on it because she had the EXACT same concerns as you. This past Nov I finally did it, convincing her to ride it as the last trip of the day, so if she got drenched we'd be leaving anyway. I say this with much conviction, it has the best on-ride theming in the Magic Kingdom, maybe in all WDW. As a bonus we barely got wet. I really think it would be a mistake to skip.

As far as Kali River... it's one of the shortest most disappointing river rapids rides I've ever been on. You are likely to get pretty wet. You could easily skip it and not really be missing anything.

Splash Mountain is more of a splash type experience,but you can still get fairly wet.Kali River Rapids is in another league-you can get ABSOLUTELY soaked on it.The solution?Take dollar store ponchos with you,put them on snuggly and enjoy the ride!:)

There is a sweatshirt and several signs at SM "Dry Is Not an Option". While we have never been as drenched as KRR on SM - more times than not we have been pretty soaked. It also depends on the time of year b/c they turn on special water cannons near the plunge and they shoot out the more soaking water. We usually dry off fairly quickly and especially on hot days it is quite refreshing.

From our experience when we sat in the front my son and I got soakin wet on Splash Mountain. We sat a few seats back other times and got wet but not that bad. So if you don't want to get soaked IMO don't sit in the front.

On Kalai River Rapids in AK is really cool. We got wet but nothing major, not soakin wet. I guess it depends on where you sit and how it spins :confused3
We do not pack extra clothes, usually when we are there its hot and it feels good getting wet on those rides.:banana:

totally depends where you sit. The closer to the front the wetter and also those who sit on the left side of the log get wetter than those on the right. I have sat in almost every row over the years and I find the least wet I got was when i sat about in the middle and on the right. Don't skip it...awesome ride. The drop at the end still gets me everytime ! Real stomach dropper. Besides you dry quick and I always find it so refreshing :)

We've been soaked on both Kali and Splash Mountain, more so on Kali.

We went in December and took my parents and our 2 DDs on Kali RIver. We had to buy towels when we got off and our 3 year old a new outfit she was so wet. My parents loved it despite getting really soaked.

DH and I went on Splash Mountain in July at night and got drenched. We were of course in the front. The best part was going over the top and seeing the fireworks starting over the castle (sorry I went off topic, but it was very special for us).

I've sat on the left side and then again on the right side. I got soaked both times I must be a water magnet.:confused3

We got absolutely soaked on SM. We were sitting at the bottom of the big hill at the beginning and got blasted by water cannons. Even our hair was dripping when we got off.

I've gotten soaked as well as walked off dry from both SM and Khali. It depends on where you sit. Alot of times, I'm getting wet on SM just from sitting on a seat that is soaked from the previous ride and my bottom immediately gets soaked as soon as I sit down in the log.

Splash can get you pretty soaked. I find that most of the splash comes from the water cannons when you are about to go on the incline next to the big drop. If you get hit by those water cannons, you will be drenched. If you don't get hit by the water cannons, it's not too bad.

As for Kali, I would plan on getting drenched. Some people will get absolutely drenched, and others will get just a little wet. I always plan on getting drenched, and if I don't get wet, I'm thrilled. But I always do get drenched.

As a Splash Mountain Lover, and someone who rides it over and over and over again whenever we go, lemme just say, it all depends.

It all depends on where you sit. It all depends on how much weight is in the front. Or how much weight is in the back. It's different every time. Sometimes you get soaked, sometimes you stay mostly dry.

Splash Mountain is variable. The first time we went on it, I think we got 3 drops. The second time ( at my DH's insistance, first thing in the morning) we got soaked. Of course if you wear something you dont' realized will become see through when wet, you are guarenteed to get drenched. :rotfl:

I got pretty soaked on SM. I sat on the right on the back row with my 4 yr old niece. She got wet but I got wetter. But it was a super hot day (otherwise chicken me wouldn't have attempted SM) so it was a welcome wet.

I don't know if size matters, but I'm a big girl so I don't know if I cause more of a splash than an average size person. LOL

In my experience the people in the front get wet!

if you are overly concerned about getting wet wear a poncho..i guarantee you wont get a drop on you. Usually when you are not prepared that is when you get wet!

It definitely is random, there have been times when we dont get wet at all and times when we've had to buy new shirts b/c we were so wet.

We rode during the soft opening about a week ago. Since the last time we wer there, they'd added a water cannon that shot over the boat going down the big falls, directly into our boat. We got soaked to the skin! The splash we got at the bottom of the big drop was nothing compared to that. We walked around wet all day, and it was a fairly cool day. We won't try that again without ponchos.

Last March I got a little wet on SM and KR. I was in the front seat on SM. Surprised me that I hardly got wet. I admit two girls who where sitting with us got drenched on KR. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter