How wet do you get at Sea World?

KristinFromMN

Earning My Ears
Are there water rides at Sea World where you get wet? If so, what do people typically wear to the park? I am thinking wet jean shorts could get pretty uncomfortable!

no water rides that I can remember .... checked the web page to refresh my memory and I don't see anything there either

the 'splash zones' at the shows are marked as such, so just don't sit there . . .

You can get really wet on the Atlantis ride. Sometimes you don't, but there is the risk of getting very wet during the second drop.

Journey to Atlantis can get you wet and/or soak you.The only other place where you could get wet is if you sit in the front of the Shamu show.Also remember on Journey to Atlantis after the big drop the boat will do a turn around and there will be a tiny 4-5 foot drop where it's possible the water will flow over the front of the boat soaking everyone's feet and lower body especially in the front of the boat.

Yep journey to atlantis or the soak zones at the shows. Really shamu is the only one that will definitely do the job.

Also if you go in the summer you'll be surprised how fast those jean shorts dry. Especially in the middle of the day.

I got soaked today with Atlantis bc we were in the front! It's the little dip after the large drop that did it!! It was hot so it felt great!! Haha don't forget to pack a poncho for Florida's afternoon showers, been here 5 days and just got hit with our 1st one. So if you have that, you could cover your lap during that ride :-) have a great time!

We were there last week and sat in the soak zone at every show hoping to get wet (it was really hot!). We didn't, but we were in the center - the people sitting in the soak zones on the sides got soaked! Probably differs with each show.

We got a little wet on the Atlantis ride (2nd row) but the couple in the 1st row got DRENCHED! I think it's mostly the 2nd drop that gets you really wet.

Everyone pretty much answered about how wet you get, so I'll tell you what I wear.

Yes, jean shorts will be very uncomfortable. So will cargo shorts. I usually wear some type of dri fit clothes. Basketball/mesh type shorts are the best to wear. Along with dri fit shirt. You can even find dri fit underwear. May sound silly, but I recommend them. I learned a lesson the hard way the first time we went. I was prepared the 2nd time around and was completely dry about an hour later. Might even consider taking a change of clothes for the end of the day, just in case you don't try off in time. DW and I did. We just rented a locker and kept them in there until the end of the day. Also took a hand towel along to help dry us off.

On Atlantis, after the big drop and you turn the corner, there is a little hill with a little drop. Very deceptive! A big wave comes over the front of the boat, and the front row gets drenched. Totally unexpected to newbies.

We were just there today for the first time. So much fun! I got there really early and asked several different workers where the best/wettest place to sit was. So, they all told me basically the same area. Our kids sat in that area while we sat up in the back area of the splash area. We hardly felt a splash! My kids on the other hand were soaked. They did not get soaked at all by the whales, but by the trainer who directed the spray of water at them. My kids were in the second row to the left of center. It seemed like the kids getting the wettest by the whales were sitting off on the sides...they really got drenched!

At any park where water could be involved bring spare clothes in your car if you drive and if you're in a hotel you could always bring extras in backpack. If there are several people I would say wet pants is way worse than a wet shirt. I got soaked at the shamu show and I could deal with my shirt but not my jeans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter