How were those water/land shoes from Lands End?

Nik's Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Just ordered a pair of those water/land shoes from Land's End. Anyone try these at the parks?

You know last summer someone posted that they got them and I do not recall hearing how they were. I am also interested for my trip this summer. Thanks for reminding me! :D Do you have a link to the shoes?

I don't know how to post a link, but you'll find them on landsend.com under womens shoes. They are called Sea to Shor sport shoes (catalog item #8940-0314. I ordered the blue and they are on back order already. They must be popular shoes!

the landsend shoes work pretty good, but the best ones I have found were the columbia water sandals. I think they repel the most water and they are most comfortable. If you already bought the landsend ones, you should just keep them. ::MickeyMo

How are they for the large amount of walking at WDW?

The water shoes from Lands' End were cute if they're the same ones. Mine looked like tennis shoes but were mesh. I had a pair, DH had a pair and my friend that traveled with us had a pair. They rubbed blisters on the upper heels of all of our feet. They go up really a little (I think) too high in the back.

Yes, those are the ones. Bummer that they caused a blister. :guilty: I wonder if I can put something in the heel area to prevent blistering?

Did you break them in before long enough? They seem like sucha great idea for WDW that I refuse to give up on them yet. :D

I bought those shoes for all of us last summer. We had only used the cheap Kmart shoes before and the insoles in those always ended up balled up under our feet. The Land's Ends shoes looked like a big improvement and I have always been happy with Land's Ends products and was expecting these to be no different. After an hour walking around Typhoon Lagoon, I had blisters on my heels and some of my toes. It was such a relief to take those things off and walk around barefoot. My husband and one of the kids also got blisters and ended up taking their shoes off. It was torture putting those things back on to walk to the parking lot.

I got Lands End water sandals instead for use at the water parks. Yes, I can even swim with them. :)

For walking around the four main parks, nothing can make me give up my Ryka sneakers!!

I bought a pair of the Land's End mesh sneakers last fall after reading about them here. I wore them around the house for a day or so and took them back to Sears the next day! They have absolutely no arch support. I didn't get any blisters from them, but my feet were not happy. I ended up buying a pair of Nike sport sandals (they might be called Deschutz or something to that effect) and I absolutely love them. I can wear them all day and my feet feel great. They have the Nike sole with waterproof sandal straps that can be worn in water or on land. I even wore them in my son's little pool in the back yard and then walked around to see how fast they would dry or if they were uncomfortable when wet. They were a little slippery for a minute or two, then went back to being great. I think they will be perfect for Kali!! The only bad thing I have found is the little ridges on the insole. They can colllect dirt from puddles you walk through and look pretty ugly. they are easy to clean once you take them off. I found them at Nordstrom's, but I think they can be found lots of other places. Good Luck! ---H

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter