How We Ate The World for Free. COMPLETED! #189 Our final food quest.

Great reviews Jenny. You are making me hungry again. I can't believe you are on day two and I had not had that chicken wrap yet. We did end up eating at the food court alot the first week. You tired out on us too quick.

As far as Chef Mickey's I am not sure it was just the characters, we did not enjoy the food much. Most of it was cold and not good selections, our tastes anyways. As you all probably can tell we really are basic eaters.

Come on Jenny I want more. When are you starting the trip report?

Would you believe in all of our years of visiting WDW we've never managed to snag breakfast at the Main Street Bakery? Shame on us ... we must go there if for no other reason than to try the french toast loaf (which did look a bit overcooked in your picture, but then again I don't like my bread crunchy so perhaps I'm biased).

And... that cheesecake looks like play-doh! :rotfl2:

I had to scroll back up to make sure it was real food! :lmao:

Looking forward to reading more! :thumbsup2

Great start Jenny. I too haven't done my DR yet and we were there just before you! We were there from 9-6 to 9-16. Maybe you've inspired me to get it done? Seems like I've spent most of my free time doing my photopass CD sharing pix! :confused3

I didn't realize Wolfgang Express had creme brulee-I will definitely have to check it out next trip!. :lovestruc

Great start Jenny. I too haven't done my DR yet and we were there just before you! We were there from 9-6 to 9-16. Maybe you've inspired me to get it done? Seems like I've spent most of my free time doing my photopass CD sharing pix! :confused3

I didn't realize Wolfgang Express had creme brulee-I will definitely have to check it out next trip!. :lovestruc
Oh yes, you must try it! It's so delicious, one of the best I had at WDW. :goodvibes
Would you believe in all of our years of visiting WDW we've never managed to snag breakfast at the Main Street Bakery? Shame on us ... we must go there if for no other reason than to try the french toast loaf (which did look a bit overcooked in your picture, but then again I don't like my bread crunchy so perhaps I'm biased).

And... that cheesecake looks like play-doh! :rotfl2:

I had to scroll back up to make sure it was real food! :lmao:

Looking forward to reading more! :thumbsup2
Yeah, I think the outside was a bit burned but I just picked that off and the middle part was very yummy! You have got to try that stuff!

:rotfl: When I first saw a picture of the cheesecake I thought the same thing! Not that I've tasted play-doh :rolleyes1 , but I don't think it tasted anything like it. :)

We went to Magic Kingdom again today. When looking through the pictures, I couldn't figure out if we had breakfast or not, but then I found a missing album! Anyways, we arrived early and started in Tomorrowland working our way towards the back of the park.

By the time we got to Fronteirland we were pretty hungry since we hadn't eaten breakfast. It was about 10:30 so we went to ride a couple rides and would come back later. Around 11:30 or so we made our way back to Pecos Bills. FINALLY! We would be able to eat our amazing chicken wrap we had drooled over since our last trips. By the time we got there the restaurant had already filled up. So I went to find a table with my dad, while my mom ordered everything.

Me and my mom, of course, shared a chicken wrap with fries. You'll see why once I show you the picture. By the way, these pictures are bad. I don't know what was wrong with my camera that morning!

47b7ce35b3127ccebd91da5ee0150000-1.jpg

I had worried that since we had loved it so much before, that it would be dissapointed. Don't ya'll worry, this thing was yummy! I know there's not many reviews of it on the DIS, but I suggest next time you go to MK you get one of these. It's filled with crispy lettuce, grilled chicken, tomatoes, cheese and ranch. We like to put some extra tomatoes on it from the toppings bar. Mmmm, I'm craving one now. It's also a great mix-up from the regular ol' burger. Speaking of burgers....

That's what my dad ordered. We filled it up at the toppings bar with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes and mayo. This picture is a little messy, beware.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde6a826cb910000002.jpg

Again, typical WDW burger. Which we all happen to like. It was made even better with all the good toppings. He said it was hot and fresh tasting, as were the fries.

We ordered the peanut butter brownie mousse for dessert.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde6a1b48b9f0000002.jpg

First bite sort of hits you outta nowhere. It seems sort of salty at first. After a couple bites it got better. But it's very very very rich. After a few bites though it really grows on you and you learn to like it. We ended up eating only one and giving the other to a family nearby.

All in all, we are most definitely going to eat here again. It's our favorite CS in all of WDW, and always will be. I recommend the chicken wrap as something different from the norm! Tasty tasty stuff.

After that we did more rides, shows, and of course, walking. Our ADR for Kona was around 4 and by then we were getting hungry again. We took the monorail over to the Polynesian just in time for our reservation.

This was my mom's most anticipated restaurant. She had first come across the menu on Deb's site and had been drooling over it ever since!

47b7ce32b3127ccebde6fec24a6e0000002.jpg

(Our view from our table)
I think that's our waiter standing at the counter there.

I've gotta mention this, our waiter was absolutely wonderful!!! I wish I could remember her name but I just can't. She was so sweet and fun. We told her we were sharing and, as you'll come to see, she was totally fine with that and really made it easier! Yes, me and my mom even shared here! We didn't do it to save money (we were already eating for free) we just did it cause the portions are so big here.

Me and my mom ordered the Kona Sticky Wings.
47b7ce35b3127ccebdef6357e05f0000002.jpg

My mom ate most of these as I'm not big on sticky wings. I had one and thought it had a nice tangy sauce and they were very tender. My mom loved them.

My dad ordered the crab cakes.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde6de444af80000002.jpg

These were very good! I'm so glad I got to taste these. The sauce went very well with them. My mom (not a big crab lover) even liked these.

I ordered the teriyaki fried steak with tomato salsa for me and my mom.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde6d5550a740000002.jpg

Here's where our waiter's wonderful-ness came in. We each got a plate like this. The dish normally comes with 4 peices and macaroni salad and sticky rice. Well our waiter told the cook to split the steaks and each gives us our own plates with the sides. :lovestruc That was so absolutely sweet of her to do! We weren't expecting it because we were fine with just sharing, but wow! Okay, now to the reviews. The steak was very good. It's covered in breadcrumbs, fried and topped with a great fresh tomato salsa. I loved it, it went well with the sauce. The macaroni salad was out of this world. Creamy, tangy, crunchy veggies. Mmmmm. I didn't bother eating the rice as I didn't want to fill up too much more. My mom agreed with everything I said.

My dad ordered the Pulled BBQ Sandwich.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde6ea33cba50000002.jpg

He really liked this, my mom took a taste and agreed. I didn't fancy the sauce very much at all, but the meat was tender. I wrote down in my little notepad that I adored the cole slaw, but I can't remember. It looks yummy and crunchy though.

Me and my mom ordered the chocolate macadamia nut tarte.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde6e2544af60000002.jpg

Again, our wonderful waiter surprised us with a plate each! It usually only comes with one scoop of ice cream and two slices, but I guess she batted her eyelashes at the cooks and we got this. It was way too much of course, but so delicious. Reminded me of a pecan pie because of the custard. We both adore macadamia nuts so this was perfect.

My dad ordered the banana creme brulee.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde6e1a70a9c0000002.jpg

He said it was "good". I picked around the bananas (I don't like them cooked in my food) and the actual cream part was tasty.

All in all, we really enjoyed our dinner. We want to try O'hanas, but there's a good possibility we'll come back. If not only for the macaroni salad and nut tarte! It ended up being one of my very favorite TS meals though.

After that we went back to MK and toured Toon Town.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde61d090a4c0000002.jpg

Hey, it's a pumpkin....that's sort of food related. :teeth:

We did a whole bunch more and then left later that night.

Continued in next post...

We got back to the resort pretty late and were feeling sorta kinda hungry again. Well at least me and my mom were, not my dad. We decided to go down to the Food Court and split another CS meal.

It was late so we forgot to take pictures until the very end. We ordered a burger and cheese fries, I think you can picture what that looks like by now. ;) For dessert we got a sundae to share. I had read about these on the boards and knew I had to have one. It comes with three scoops!
47b7ce35b3127ccebdea2f5ac0390000002.jpg

We got one chocolate, one cookies and cream, and one vanilla scoop. Yum yum yum. What can one say about a hot fudge sundae? Ice cold creaminess paired with the warm sweet fudge. Not to mention the toasty nuts and airy whipped cream. Descriptive enough? It was gooooood.

This was our drink choice. I like tea but this was way to lemon-y for me. Lets just say lemon is not one of my favorite things in the world.
47b7ce35b3127ccebdea2ed280290000002.jpg

We also picked up a box of donuts with a snack credit for morning.
47b7ce35b3127ccebdea29e241b20000002.jpg

Coming up next...A long day at SeaWorld that we capped off with dinner at Raglan Road. Success? Failure? Just wait and seeeee.

ooh Ragland .... waiting anxiously. I loved Kona as well. Even going twice last trip. But alas they have removed my favorite meal ever the Macadamia Mahi Mahi and I don't think I can bring myself back there without it. WHY??WHY??!!
Ah but no worries I have lots of others to try.

Loving your reviews so far :goodvibes
Thank you very much. :)
ooh Ragland .... waiting anxiously. I loved Kona as well. Even going twice last trip. But alas they have removed my favorite meal ever the Macadamia Mahi Mahi and I don't think I can bring myself back there without it. WHY??WHY??!!
Ah but no worries I have lots of others to try.
I know! I wanted to try that on our next trip. There's just so many menu changes now-a-days!

I'll update tonight guys.

Today's review is going to be short.

We woke up and ate some of those donuts we purchased the night before. I personally like the crumb one the best. They all seemed fresh and tasty.

Since this isn't a SeaWorld board, I won't elaborate on our day but if anyone wants pictures of our lunch there or more details, feel free to PM me!

We took a taxi back and got dropped off at Pleasure Island for our late ADR at Raglan Road. It seemed pretty crowded in the reception part, but we were seated very fast. (We actually saw a DISer there but I was too nervous to talk to her/him. We did meet quite a few great ones on our trip though.) We got a seat in the far right. There was a window in front of us and next to us was this big couch seat for big groups. The decore and wood here are just gorgeous, I would go back just to stare at the walls. ;)

I had to use the bathroom but spent about 5 minutes walking aimlessly around the restaurant looking for it! I even asked the waitress at first but I guess I don't take direction well. So when you go, be sure to get clear directions!

Here's pictures of the bread and dip.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde67a204ace0000002.jpg

47b7ce32b3127ccebde67a9dcb430000002.jpg

I ordered; Colpucinno - frothy Colcannon soup, a creamy potato, bacon and cabbage soup.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde672cdcb170000002.jpg

Sadly, this was yucky. It was grainy and had absolutely no flavor. And neither did that stick of puff pastry. I was very dissapointed in this and wished I had ordered something else. I took about 3 bites and set it aside.

My mom ordered; Drunk Chicken - a whiskey glazed chicken kebab served with lime cilantro dipping sauce
47b7ce32b3127ccebde67ef1cb2d0000002.jpg

:lovestruc That sauce you see there, was so yummy. Tangy and slightly sweet, it went perfect with the chicken. Speaking of chicken, it was cooked perfectly and had a lot of nice flavor.

My dad ordered; Goats Town - Irish goats cheese terrine made with sauteed garlic, shallots, ****ake mushroom. Served with grilled crostini
47b7ce32b3127ccebde67b858bc30000002.jpg

My dad liked this. He ate about half I believe. I tried a taste but I'm not a fan of goat cheese so I didn't like it.

For my main I already knew what I would order. I had drooled over pictures of this for many months. Keen Eye for the Sheperds Pie - We give the traditional Shepherd's Pie (prime beef and lamb) a much-needed makeover with our contemporary twist to this favorite dish
47b7ce32b3127ccebde673cb8b890000002.jpg

Awwww, I'm getting hungry just thinking about this. The meat part itself had a very very good flavor. I think I could drink that gravy (at the bottom of the bowl) by itself. The potatoes were creamy, moist and buttery. Perfect. I've never made Sheperds Pie, and don't plan to. I don't think anything can compare to this marvelous dish. Okay okay, enough about me...

My mom ordered; Pan Fried Lemon Sole and Chips - Whole lemon sole lightly sauteed in lemon butter garnished with parsley and served with chips.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde670cacb110000002.jpg

47b7ce32b3127ccebde78b1fab6d0000002.jpg

She was very on the fence about what to order, but she decided on this because it was the most expensive thing on the menu at 27$. :rotfl: She really enjoyed it. I tried a bite but I'm not a fan of lemon and she had squirted the stuff all over it. The 'chips' were perfectly cooked though.

My dad ordered; Serious Sirloin Steak - 10 oz sirloin topped with Irish whiskey glazed, drizzled with fresh basil oil. Served with mashed potatoes and topped with crispy fried onion strings.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde78a31ebdb0000002.jpg

I feel repetitive here. How many ways can I say we loved a dish? Well, he did. Yum. He ordered it medium, and it came perfect. :)

Before desserts I have to say something. You remember that big couch table I mentioned earlier? Well they sat a huge family next to us, mostly comprising of...teenagers. Here I'm going to show my hypocritical side. Those girls were loud. The whole family was loud actually. And they were sitting so close to us it really started to get to me by dessert time. I understand having a loud family (I happen to have one myself) but wow. And the teenagers were bouncing up and down on there seat, which happen to be connected to mine. So it made me go up and down too. Oh well, I didn't let it ruin my dinner.

DESSERTS! The good stuff.

I ordered the creme brulee pie thing. Which isn't on the menu anymore, sadly.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde79822ebc10000002.jpg

Yum yum yum. As you can already tell, I like creme brulee. It's surprisingly light, but also sweet and creamy. The crust went well with it. I wish I had some now instead of the little powdered sugar donuts I'm munching on. :guilty:

My momma ordered the dunbordy kiss.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde7846eeb830000002.jpg

I was too busy smearing creme brulee all over my face at this time, so I didn't try any of her mousse. She really liked it though, not too sweet.

My dad ordered the apple crisp.
47b7ce32b3127ccebde78058ebb70000002.jpg

I don't like cooked apple-y things, so I didn't try it. "Good" he tells me.

Our waiter was pretty good. I can't remember her name but she was as attentive as she could be under the circumstances. It was very busy at the time and we had to wait a bit for refills and our check, but it's understandable.

What was left of my entree...:rotfl:
47b7ce32b3127ccebde788336ae80000002.jpg

All in all, we will definitely be visiting here again this September! I simply can't wait for our ADR here. Almost everything was fantastic (and next time I'll just be ordering a different appetizer; no biggie) and we could tell the quality was high.

We wobbled around PI for a little bit before taking the bus back to our resort. Like all other nights of our trip, we simply collapsed into our beds. Lots of heat, food, and fun.

Coming up next...Sci Fi Dine In, POP Food Court. How was our lunch at Sci Fi? Were we ignored by our waiter, or treated like royalty? You'll just have to wait and seeeeee.

Jenny these are wonderful reviews. I love reading them and dreaming of being back. I want more.

We're doing Raglan Road for sure now! And it's all your fault!!:lmao:
Can't wait to see more! (impatient little thing aren't I?)

Shepherds pie is really easy to make you should give it a go :thumbsup2

Your meal looked great shame about the kids at the next table, you can almost understand little ones bouncing in their seats but teenagers :confused:

Been reading some great reviews of Raglan, got to put it on my list for sure!:thumbsup2
I hope you have a great dinner like we had!
Jenny these are wonderful reviews. I love reading them and dreaming of being back. I want more.
I know, I'm just drooling over these pictures wanting to be back there.
We're doing Raglan Road for sure now! And it's all your fault!!:lmao:
Can't wait to see more! (impatient little thing aren't I?)
:rotfl: I'll update as soon as I can. Don't worry, I'm the same way with other people's reports.
Cool, have to check it out next time I'm there.
Great. :)
Shepherds pie is really easy to make you should give it a go :thumbsup2

Your meal looked great shame about the kids at the next table, you can almost understand little ones bouncing in their seats but teenagers :confused:
Oh yeah I know. I just know nothing I make could compare to what I had there.

I felt the same way. Maybe they were just so excited to be at WDW. :)
I am a lurker great report!
Thanks!

Decision made! We are definitely cancelling our Wolgang Puck ADR in favour of Raglan Road next trip - we've eaten there twice before but I forget how good it is until I see another review. Thanks Jenny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter