• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How we almost won the night in the castle!

LovesHauntedMansion

DIS Veteran
On Mardi Gras day, Feb. 5, we were at DTD and my friend needed to use the restroom. We were near the World of Disney and I knew that there was a restroom in there. We had just walked out of the building and the dream team walked up to a family right next to us to offer them the night in the castle. The family consisted of a man, an old man, two old ladies, and a young girl (around 2). We later learned that there was another member of the family (We assumed it was the man's wife).These people had no expression. I would have screamed, jumped up and down, cried, etc. I overheard one of the team tell the family that if they really did not want the night that they would offer it to someone else. Even though I did not want to be nosey, at that point I turned around to see what would happen next. Another family walked up to me. We were holding our breath that the family would turn down the room & the dream team would offer it to one of us. At first I thought that the family must not be able to understand English, but they did. Then the father of the family said that they would take the night. You could have sworn that they had just been offered a night at a Motel 6 or Days Inn. All I could do was cry knowing that I was so close to winning it. I remember saying over & over again "I can't believe they're not excited!" Some members of the dream team even seemed to regret having to offer the night to the family. One of them told me that they had to offer it to that family because they were standing closer to the Sleeping Beauty statue than I was. Another member of the team said that my turn was coming. That night I cried again in the shower knowing how close I came to taking a bath in the castle.

I could only take comfort in knowing that after the family stayed in the room that they came to realize what an extraordinary opportunity they had been given and that they had a great time.

I would rather not see anyone win near me!

For the record, they would not have been able to give it to you if the family turned it down. The rules say that in that case the computer would have had to pick another location.

It is funny when prizes are given out and so many just have puzzled looks on their faces.

As the CM said, you're time will come (hopefully!).

i'm sad for you.:sad1:
But just think of all the people who don't get to go to WDW. At least you got to go.
I keep imagining that we will win some big prize when we go next month!

Oh, I'm so sorry you didn't win. I'd especially have been ticked to see someone win if they didn't seem "over the moon" enthused about it!!

Maybe you'll win something even bigger!!:wizard:

Sorry you did not win! While holding my napping daughter (age 1) on 2 different days while my husband was off riding rides with my 8 year old, I saw the dream team walking with people that had won something. I did not know what they had won, but they were going somewhere with them. I wanted to jump up and say...yeah yeah what did you win? I contained myself, but I really was curious. The people were not acting as excited as I would have. I still wonder where they were going.

Good luck next trip!:)

I'm sorry you didn't win. It always burns me up when someone wins or stumbles upon something that I would have killed for. It is almost like a form torture to be so close or so passionate of something that others seem indifferent about.

At least you got to see the Dream Team. In the 4 trips we have made during YOAMD, we haven't seen them, yet.

Suzanne

I am also sorry you didn't win. We just got back 2 weeks ago. We hoped & prayed the dream team would find us and offer us anything, but never saw them. We were able to congratulate several people we saw with all day fast passes which was fun too! It's exciting to see others win even if you don't. Hope we both have better luck next time.:wizard:

I found out that one of my co-worker's sister or sister in law (I forget which) won the night in the castle a couple of months ago! He didn't get to go unfortunately (I work in Orlando) due to the long hours we keep, etc. but he related that she said it was absolutely beautiful inside, with gold just about everywhere, and they had a TON of CM's to assist them that night (she called them "servants", not sure if that's because of the castle thing, or because she really thought they were, lol) to get them anything and everything they wanted. Plus, they got a tour of the MK after the park closed.

Pretty cool!

Way off topic but did anyone see the winner on HGTV for the dream house, she was acting like someone gave her piece of dirt as a prize, wasn't the slightest bit excited or thankful for winning, she looked rather annoyed that she had won.

Way off topic but did anyone see the winner on HGTV for the dream house, she was acting like someone gave her piece of dirt as a prize, wasn't the slightest bit excited or thankful for winning, she looked rather annoyed that she had won.

Theres a ton of contest people at about.com/contests who are very mad at that woman...some people could care less, but she ENTERED the contest, its not like she was in the right place at the right time like it is with YOAMD!

I can remember in October 2006 when it first started, my card did not scan at the turnstyle at EPCOT and I was thinking "I won! I won a prize!" on the inside, but the castmember just told me to get a new one at POFQ. :laughing: Darn!
We did win fastpasses twice, though, so YAY!

Wow.. I would've freaked out! I cannot wait to go.. we have 30 days left and I'm so excited!! :yay:

I've only seem the Drean Team once and that is when I won a dream Fast pass. The last few times I've gone I really haven't seen too many people wit hand Dream prizes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter