• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How was the weather this past Nov/Dec?

disneypryncess

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!
We are planning a trip this Nov/Dec-Thanksgiving to the week after. Anyone that was there that time this past year, how was the weather? Can we swim?
Thanks for any input!!
:confused3

We were there from Nov. 30 to Dec.14 and it was really cool all but 3 days. and I am from Saskatchewan!

It can be a mixed bag. This past December was cold - the coldest on record down here but that usually is not the norm.

We were there over Thanksgiving. A couple of days were warm enough to swim but the others were a bit cool. Like the PP said its really hit and miss.

DH and I were there Dec 1-8 and it was pretty cold. Record breaking temps a couple of the days. We did not swim. The pools are heated, but the walk from the pool with a wet suit was not something we wanted to experience.:scared1: We live in Ohio and it's been a cold winter for the most part, so we probably were more comfortable than some who aren't used to it. It didn't slow us down, really.

What we didn't like were the crowds. Low by most standards, but we usually go in September and hardly wait for anything except Soarin and Toy Story Mania. We're spoiled at having to actually wait in line and depend so heavily on FP! That being said, being there at holiday time was amazing! You will definitely have a magical time!pixiedust:

We were in Disney 11/16-24. The weather was perfect (not warm enough for me to swim but the kids and DH swam when we had time). It was sunny every day and temps ranged from 75-85 during the days. The mornings were a little cool (60s maybe) for me but we were up and out early everyday.
I had a friend go to Orlando the week before us and it was cold...50's and 60's and not very sunny almost every day of their trip. I guess from everything I've read you have to be prepared for weather anywhere from 40-90 that time of year! We lucked out!

We were there Nov 26th through Dec 3rd.

This is the second day we were there...it was about 87
Disney2010180.jpg

This is our last night there...it was about 37
Disney2010466.jpg

I'm glad someone asked about the weather. We will be down the exact same time frame this year from Nov. 27-Dec. 3. Guess we will have to pack a little of both.

We were there 12/4-12/12. It was nice the first day or two. Then the bottom dropped out. Wow! It was cold. It warmed up a little on the 10th, then it rained again on the 12th and got incredibly cold again. They were selling gloves and scarves like they do ponchos in the summer.

we went from Dec 1-8th this year, the week AFTER Thanksgiving.. and it was nice for 2 days then FREEZING! Most nights we missed the fireworks & shows, because it was in the low 30's and the kids didnt want to stay out. Brrrrrrrr We are usually there from Thanksgiving day, until the Wednesday after. Its never been quite that cold. We have had some Thanksgiving trips where it was in the 80's and we laid by the pool, and others where we all needed to buy gloves. Pack for all kinds of weather, including rain, and enjoy. Its an awesome time to be in Disney! I love it then!!

We were there in mid-November and the weather was perfect. We wore pants and short sleeve shirts the whole time!

We were there Nov 12-20 and the weather was GREAT! There was maybe one day that got quite warm, but it could have been those 1st trimester hot flashes for me. Evening and early mornings required a jacket for all of us, but they were peeled off by noon.

The weather has run the gamut since I started going that exact same week since 2000. One year, it hit 90 degrees almost every day; one year, it barely got above 60 degrees.

The best is to check the weather about two days before and layer, layer, layer. That way you will be prepared for just about any type of weather; chilly or warm. Also carry a pair of lightweight gloves in your backpack for the evening.

There is absolutely no way to predict what the weather will be almost a year from now; you will just have to wait and see.

Thank you everyone for the responses!
I guess that we are really going to have to play it by ear until that week.
Swimming when it's chilly doesn't bother me at all but I wouldn't want my nephews & niece to get too cold!!
I've been in WDW for Xmas week and vividly remember jumping into the pool at Poly, swimming for awhile then RUNNING back to the room, wrapped in 3 towels (and I am NOT a runner normally,lol)!!
:rotfl2:

We have been there for Thanksgiving our past 5 visits. This last year was beautiful. Shorts and t-shirts everyday. In the past it has been really warm and other times we put on our coats and bought hats and gloves. So, a little bit of everything. We check the 10 day forcast as the trip gets closer, it will give you a good idea of how to pack. When in doubt have jeans and a hoodie for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter