How was dinner at Be Our Guest?

patty57

DIS Veteran
For those who have had dinner at BoG...did you enjoy the food? Experience? Would you go again?

No. The atmosphere was pure Disney. The service was great. The food was mixed. Although my DD is a vegetarian and she loved the French onion soup. The steak was fine. My DS and his friend had the pork which they thought it was way too rare. For the price, I will try lunch next time.

No. The soups and cupcake were very good but you can have those at lunch. The steaks were ok but definitely not worth the price. The masged potato side (we switched out the fries) was awful and pretty inedible. We actually cancelled our February ADR after eating there in December. We will stick to lunch which we really like.

The restaurant itself is gorgeous but again you can experience it during lunch.

The restaurant is beautiful but we experienced slow service and the entrees were average. Even the grey stuff did not impress. I did enjoy the cupcake.

It was the highlight of our trip at the end of January. The food and service was awesome and the ambiance was amazing. It's now a must-do.

We were lucky enough to score a walk up during MNSSHP and it ended up being our favorite dinner of the trip. I'm desperately checking every day to get us in this April. DD loved the kids steak and fries. I had the steak as well and thought it was perfect. DH had the seafood pastry that he still talks about.

I have to agree the food was ok but the experience was great. Also agreed that the french onion soup was amazing. We were on the dining plan so not concerned with menu prices. I will go back for lunch and the line does move reasonably quick. If I don't have dinner ADRs, I won't be upset! One plus with dinner is the photo op with the Beast at the end of dinner.

We ate there in Dec. We had dinner and lunch while there. For us, we LOVED lunch. Food was very good. Dinner, not so much. We were a larger party and no one was thrilled with their meal. Beautiful place, but we were very disappointed with our meals and service. Lunch will be a must for our family every trip. Glad that others have had great dinners though!

I've had dinner three times and lunch twice.

I tried the shrimp and scallops the first time. It was good, but it didn't really fill me up. I've had the salmon twice and I like it a lot more than the shrimp and scallops.

I love the french onion soup and the triple chocolate cupcake.

However, we just go for quick day trips so the prices do add up so we try to stick to lunch and we're going to save dinner for birthdays and special days.

I love it there and I probably will try to eat lunch there every time I go to the parks.

For those who have had dinner at BoG...did you enjoy the food? Experience? Would you go again?

We have been there 5x so far (all for dinner), and its now a must for us !!!

We were hooked after the 1st time--- service was great, and we loved the atmosphere !!! Always (if we can) sit in the back of the Grand Ballroom to watch the "snowfall"--- DW and I love the seafood in the puff pastry, and although I have heard people say that the kids menu didnt have much, our 6 year old has loved it each time !!!

That is disappointing but I guess it's good for vegetarians.

No worries, the onion soup is awesome... Though we were told by our server that the broth is vege/beef mixture. She specifically made a point to say that it wasn't vegetarian-friendly.

No. Although the atmosphere is nice and we had great service, the food wasn't anything spectacular. I know my cupcakes, and the cupcake I had tasted like the frosting was store bought. It was just too sweet for my liking. My older sister wanted to dine here for dinner next trip, but with an ADR at 8:30 and how long we had to wait after our first ADR, we talked her into choosing something else.

Lunch wasn't very good either. :confused3

We absolutely loved it and it was probably our favourite table service meal out of the 7 that we had. We went for dinner. Loved the atmosphere, the food was good and I enjoyed the dessert. The beast was there and we got to get our picture taken with him after our meal. We were also invited to look around, as we ate in the ballroom but my daughter wanted to see the west wing. If we went to Disney again, it would be a must do for our family.

According to Be Our Guest the onion soup is indeed vegetarian.

Dinner appetizers were great. If the entrees were as good it would be a fabulous restaurant. The entrees my party had we're not nearly as good as the appetizers. The pork was called downright bad.

We have been there twice so far for dinner (January and February) We thought the whole experience...atmosphere/decor, service and food was all good. WE also really enjoyed being able to have a glass of wine with a meal in the Magic Kingdom.

We have had French onion soup and meat tray for appetizers...loved 'em. Cornish hen (was OK, not great) as well as the seafood pasta dish (good) and the pork chop (good chop, with fabulous mac & cheese side dish)

We have had the strawberry cupcake, the lemon cupcake, the triple chocolate and the cream puff with chocolate. Also got a bonus "the gray stuff"

Loved the cupcakes. The cream puff was OK, not great. The chocolate dessert was over the top sweet. The "gray stuff"...OK, but wouldn't order it as a dessert if they offered to sell it (usually it is just given for special occasions...you cannot order it. I think we happened to hit a night near closing time when they had too much left over, because shortly before closing they just brought out trays of it & started delivering one plate to every table...most tables had already been served dessert and were getting checks.)

Will we go back: you bet. In fact, we'll be back there in March.

We did enjoy it! The setting is fantastic!!! We were in the West Wing. :cloud9:
We had mixed reviews on the food... The shrimp/scallops was amazing!!!! The pork just okay, and the steak fatty and not so good. We loved our cupcakes & would definitely go again!!! :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter