• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How warm does if have to be for.........

I'd say that varies a lot from person to person. I live in Arizona, and tourists come here from back east or the midwest and are wearing shorts and tank tops in December and January, when those of us who live here are wearing sweatshirts. :confused3
It would have to be at least 75° for me to be out there in a swimsuit, but to a midwesterner, 75° could be roasting temp.

I was in Arizona once in August it was 100+ most days, but the one day we went to the beach it was 'only' 80. We were in heaven and the locals were freezing! :laughing:
It is freezing here so the 60's sound nice and 70's sound amazing!

-nat

I was raised in the Florida panhandle so I don't consider it a beach day unless it's 88 or above. I hate getting out of the water and being chilled by the breeze. We did the 7 day western last month and the only time I wore a bathing suit was in the Rainforest Room. Wait .. I lied. I wore a suit on the dolphin adventure in Cozumel, but only because it was mandatory to get in the water to "swim" with the dolphins. :rotfl:

I am from the St. Louis area, a midwesterner. It has to be at least 65 for us to go to the pool or beach. That said, one of the really determining factors is the amount of sun and wind. If it's 75 and really windy and somewhat sunny, it's still chilly in a swimsuit to us. If it's 70 and no wind and full sun, it's great weather! At 65 Full sun and no wind.. it's tolerable... Thats about it.:hippie:

We went to Castaway Cay Dec 5th. I think it was high 70's but it was windy.....windy enough to cancel all the excursions....With that said....we were on the beach and in the ocean and i was not cold....not hot...but not cold. I do come from NY tho:goodvibes
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter