how to wear hair while in parks?

thanks very much for the replys!! Looks like the majority is ponytail.

My hair is long but layered so i guess i will have to experiment with doing a ponytail & then either some bobbypins or headband.

THe best way to go, is a ponytail and a baseball hat. Honestly, if you are going anytime there is sunshine, you will burn your scalp,trust me, thats why I wear the ball cap. You cannot go wrong. Get one that has the velcro thingy for under your ponytail, because on some of the bigger rides, you will have to take it off. I usually loop it through my belt loops. Have a great time!:cool1:

Thanks for all the great tips! :)

I have long, VERY curly, thick red hair. I have always worn a pony tail and then popped it through my hat. The hat helps keep the sun off my nose. I also am very fair skinned so I have to watch the sun.

However, my hair is much longer now than it has ever been so the hints with longer hair have helped me get some good ideas.

Thanks again,

Kelly

I'm envious of all of you with straight hair. I have fine, curly hair that tightens up and frizzes and looks really unattractive (like,, ugly). It's especially discouraging when we want to get dressed up and go somewhere nice and I'm stuck with a shapeless ball of frizz. I'd love to be able to do a pony tail or bun but my hair is short and very fine and it doesn't workout (plus, my ears stick out).

I just put it in a sloppy bun thing :rotfl:. I see it as, I'm in Disney, who cares what I look like?!

I like ponytails, but french braids work well for long straight hair. Have you tried the new stretchy clips on tv? Those look neat too. :hippie:

I have my hair cut short, but it is really full so I pin it back, however there are times that the heat is so much, I simply put my hair in a ponytail and pin loose hairs, but leave some little bits of hair to curl around my face so it looks pretty.

We usually wear ours in a ponytail and then braided. (The kids either have one or two). I find that it stays better than just a ponytail since the hairtie doesn't slip down and it also seems cooler.

I also often wear my hair in a bun at home so I did that a few times. My girls are very cute with two buns.

I also do the bun or french braid. My hair is very long and straight and a pony tail does not hold well for very long.
A french twist is also a nice option. Just remember to put sunscreen on the back of your neck and ears!!

thanks very much for the replys!! Looks like the majority is ponytail.

My hair is long but layered so i guess i will have to experiment with doing a ponytail & then either some bobbypins or headband.

You will see women with done-up, beautiful hair and perfect make-up. I will not be one of them! :laughing:

I guess I am in the minority... I have long, straight hair that frizzes and flies away. The first day I had my sungalsses on-off, on-off, on-off and got really sick of it. I finally kept my hair long and straight while wearing my sunglasses, then I used them like a head band and kept them on the top of my head every time we went indoors or in the shade. I tried to do something different, but I couldn't help myself -- the shades were a natural headband, and I never lost track of them!

I was certainly not the most stylish lady in Disney, but it worked!!

last trip i wore my hair in a bun with one of those stretchy headbands to hold my bangs back. it kept my hair out of my face, and frankly, didn't care how it looked. it probably looked really bad, but i don't care! :thumbsup2

Every year I go I wear them in pig-tails at the sides below my ears

but this year I am gonna wear it braided

yes thats an idea the good old headband to push the bang back, i have tons of those.

I wear in ponytail, but make sure it's a HIGH ponytail, because if it's square in the back of your head you could hurt your neck on some of the rides that require you putting your head flat back, if you jerk your neck the pony tail will hit the back of the seat and kink your neck!! been there done that....

That's exactly why I stopped wearing a ponytail. I need to keep my head against the seat to keep from getting dizzy on a lot of rides...so ponytails don't work...even the low kind because while it keeps the hair out of my face it's still on my neck!

Now my hair is shorter than it was and I'm thinking I'll just wear it loose...although I bet with the frizz it'll look a fright!

Two low pigtails
two braids
low ponytail (base of the neck)
if it is not too hot, I will wear it down, but take a hairband in case I get tired of it.

I always wear a big wide brim hat- I have a couple cotton ones I got from Gap, similar to this:
_1234195182.jpg
. They are easy to pack, and are washable!

French braid! Luckily I can do my own. I have just grown out my bangs after 27 years with them, so I'm not sure if it all will reach now. I'll have to try it!

I have long wavy/curly hair, so it really depends on the weather as to how I do my hair. If it's very humid that day I put it into a high, messy bun. If its just going to be hot and maybe even slightly windy, ponytail is the way to go. :cool2: If its going to be cool and not to windy I wear it down. I rarely wear hats and if I do its going to be a visor, and thats only if the sun is too much even for my sunglasses. I also always make sure to bring an extra hair tie because I have very thick hair and can easily break a hair tie.

I have thick, long wavy hair that does exactly what it wants. Entirely too thick for a french twist. Anywhere that's hot, I wash my hair, towel dry and put my hair up in a low ponytail at the base of my neck. With the thickness of my hair, the base of the "tail" stays wet and cool long into the day. When it finally dries, I put it up into a high ponytail and enjoy the feeling of having my neck open to the breezes. Of course, my hair has a "kink" in it from drying in the ponytail, but pfeh, I can deal with that if I have a built in cooling agent for several hours.

For all the people with bangs:

I have side swoopy bangs and I find that the Jessica Simpson side braid works for me! Keeps the hair out of the face and it is cute and stylish!

Hayden+Panettiere+Side+Braid.jpg

Lauren+Conrad+Side+Braid+The+Hills.jpg

Now the only trouble is learning how to do the braid!

I usually have my hair back or up in some fashion. My new favorite is to do a pony tail and then clip it up with a "jaws clip?". (I clip right under the elastic to poof my hair up then let the rest hang?) Boy, that is hard to explain! :lmao: The tightness of the ponytail keeps things in place and the clip gives it a little flip and something a little more interesting. Stays in better than just a french bun clip thing. If I don't stop posting, I'm going to have to wear the "pony tail flip" to work today!!! :rotfl:
Same here! My hair is down to my butt and really thick. Its also extremely curly so I have to spend a hour just straightening it. I will usually start out with it pulled back on the top and sides ( my princess hair style lol) but it doesnt last long! About 1 hour into the parks I have to use the jaw clip and do the twist and poof thing. It works much better than a pony because it stays in place better without the headache issues. Its also easier to re-adjust and is protected from the humidity better and doesnt blow around and knot up.

My hair is too short for pony tails but I found my cute "Grumpy" hat a necessity! I didn't have too many bad hair days because Grumpy prevented that! Plus it kept my eyes protected from the sun and my face from being sunburned. I was grateful for it on the rainy days, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter