• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to Tell DH and DS ....

flipflops42

Earning My Ears
I need your help. I will be surprising my DH (50th) and DS (19th) with a birthday trip to WDW. What would be a unique way to tell them?

One night hide a bunch of Mickeys around the house. Maybe write the number of days to trip on the back. Sit back and wait and see who figures it out.

If you are North American at Thanksgiving say 'I am most thankful for my wonderful husband and DS and am looking for to our upcoming trip to ... WALT DISNEY WORLD' you can dance at this stage for added effect..

At Christmas, in the last gift open place a clue to another clue that was you placed around the house. They have to put the clues together to get the whole message.
If you have more than one story home, place the clues on different levels, and you may want to have more than one clue to be found (one clue leads to another location to another location, etc) depending on how much you want to enjoy the moment watching them run around finding the next clue.

I think I would come home from work, eat dinner, act like it was a normal night, until I got my suitcase out. I would start filling it and wait for them to ask...then say...well I am going to Disney World tomorrow to celebrate your birthdays...and see what happens.

I think I would come home from work, eat dinner, act like it was a normal night, until I got my suitcase out. I would start filling it and wait for them to ask...then say...well I am going to Disney World tomorrow to celebrate your birthdays...and see what happens.
As I was reading this I imagined my DW doing something just like it if she were to ever surprise us with a trip.

Only my DW can be a prankster at times so I imagine she would put a devious spin on it. She would probably start a fake argument about the littlest and most silly thing she could think of. It would probably go something like this:

Me: minding my own business loading the dishwasher after dinner.

Her: "What are you doing?!?! I've told you a hundred times, you can't put nonstick pans in the dishwasher!"

(DW leaves room and returns moments later carrying a suitcase)

Me: "What's with the suitcase?"

Her: "I can't do this anymore."

Me: "What do you mean 'this'?"

Her: "THIS! I can't do this anymore. I'm leaving!"

(Long awkward silence as I scratch my head and wonder what the hell just happened in the last 2 minutes)

Her: "I'm leaving............and you and the kids are coming with me............to Disney World!!!! Surprise!!!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter