How to spend 3 hours?

Luv2Diz

We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!
We are planning a trip to DL in early April. We are spending the first night of our vacation on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. We will check in to the Candy Cane Inn the next day, a Thursday, for the DL part of our vacation.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do for the 3 hours after we check out of the Queen Mary and before we can check in at Candy Cane. We are 2 adults and will have a rental car. I would prefer to find things in the Long Beach/Anaheim area rather than drive up to LA. We plan to go to DTD after we check in and get unpacked.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks!

I second Huntington Beach. You can also go to Anaheim Gardenwalk to eat, outlet shopping at The Block, head over to Irvine Spectrum, South Coast Plaza

I also think you guys should check out Huntington Beach. It's about 30 min south of Long Beach. If you are set on staying in the Long Beach area, consider checking out the Long Beach aquarium. There are also lots of restaurants nearby. Whatever you choose, you will have a great time!

Melissa

msteddom said:
I also think you guys should check out Huntington Beach. It's about 30 min south of Long Beach. If you are set on staying in the Long Beach area, consider checking out the Long Beach aquarium. There are also lots of restaurants nearby. Whatever you choose, you will have a great time! Melissa

^^^ best advise^^^

Also want to mention the Long Beach Grand Prix will be taking place April 11 - 13 so you may experience some street closures. (not sure what exact dates you will be in town) so that may make it tough to get around the LB area.

We are planning a trip to DL in early April. We are spending the first night of our vacation on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. We will check in to the Candy Cane Inn the next day, a Thursday, for the DL part of our vacation. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do for the 3 hours after we check out of the Queen Mary and before we can check in at Candy Cane. We are 2 adults and will have a rental car. I would prefer to find things in the Long Beach/Anaheim area rather than drive up to LA. We plan to go to DTD after we check in and get unpacked. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks!

I would check out Balboa board walk and ferry and finish with lunch at rubys on the pier.

Not sure if it's still possible might want to call to find out first, at knots berry farm you could buy a ticket at regular price go in shop the shops and if you come out within an hr you get your park admission back, we did that a couple yrs ago when my sister needed to buy some things for her wedding and they where only sold in the park

If your you want to try the best Mexican Tacos go down to King Taco in Long Beach

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. This helps a lot and gives us a variety of options to consider. If anyone else has more thoughts, we'd love to hear them!
We still have a few months before we go, but the planning is half the fun!

I think you should add a day to your park hoppers!

Can't add a day - we are getting the 3 day military tickets. We love Disney but 3 days will be enough. We are looking forward to seeing other sights in the LA area also!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter