• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to Sell Points to Relative

gttwirler

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I've looked at some posts regarding selling, but I was wondering if someone could condense the steps if say my sister wants to sell all her points to me. What all would that entail? We are clueless as to how to get started.

Thanks a bunch.

I am not an expert at this, but this is my thought..

You cannot 'SELL' without going through Disneys ROFR process.

You may be able to work the system by first adding your name to her deed as an owner, and then eventually taking her name off of the deed.

I'm not sure if there are rules for how long you need to be on the deed as a co-owner with her for this to not come off as 'selling' or 'transfer' of the ownership similar to how you would pass them off to your children.

Your sister could simply contact Disney and get the papers to transfer ownership to you. I believe that with family, the ROFR process is much easier to go through, but you do have to fill out all the paperwork.

I am not sure of the costs. I also know that some of the brokers, like TSS, will handle it for you as well for a set fee (I am thinking around $500 but could be wrong).

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter