How to secure SLR camera's during rides

>I can totally understand someone who uses theirs for work not wanting to use it on vacation.

That is not the problem for me. I love carrying my DSLR around, that is not an issue at all. I bought my first SLR (Minolta SR-T 101) in 1969 and I have gotten used to having a camera around my neck. I would prefer to have a waterproof and a shockproof camera for an amusement park since it offers me more opportunities to take shots. It comes under the heading of the right tool for the right job. I am not going to expose my DSLRs and lenses to the chance of getting wet or getting damaged from being banged around on a thrill ride.

While I am at WDW I plan on doing some water skiing, snorkeling, parasailing and swimming with the critters. You would not take your DSLR on any of those adventures but my waterproof shockproof camera will take them in stride.

A waterproof camera makes sense for those events. You didn't mention any of that in your initial post we all replied to.

Personally, rather than avoid low light, I want to conquer it. I got amazing shots with my g11 last time, as I said, but consistency and speed are something I'm not willing to sacrifice.. No matter how good the photograph er, the camera can only do so much, so fast.

I am not going to expose my DSLRs and lenses to the chance of getting wet or getting damaged from being banged around on a thrill ride.

I keep mine in my hand for most rides with the exception of RnR.

Again, this comes down to what each person feels comfortable with, but I feel my camera is safer in my hand than anywhere else. A few splashes would probably not hurt it either.

Space Mountain by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

Everest by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

Everest by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

Spaceranger Spin by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

Space Mountain by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

If it's not in my hand, it's in it's camera backpack and I simply stick a foot through one of the straps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter