How to "Save" my Magic Morning?

KSL

DIS Veteran
Hi Folks,
We're doing a split stay between Grand Californian (first couple of nights) and Candy Cane Inn (next couple of nights). We have 5 day park-hopper passes, going into the parks a couple of days from each hotel. I know the 5-day tickets give us one Magic Morning, and that for the nights we are staying at Grand Californian we will have access to the Extra Magic Hour in the mornings. So here's my question:
Is there some way to designate whether we want to use our Magic Morning or our Extra Magic Hour when we enter Disneyland early? My objective is to "save" our Magic Morning for one of the mornings we will be coming from the CCI. Is there some way for the ticket machine to distinguish between the two forms of early entry when guests are entitled to both, and allow them to choose? Does anyone know what the "default" is of the ticket readers at the park entrances (will it automatically take one first over the other?)?
Thanks in advance for any help with this!

We'll be at the Grand Californian Weds-Fri nights (so for entry Thurs, Fri & Sat), and CCI Sat-Mon nights (so for entry on Sun, Mon, & Tues). Looking to save the Magic Morning for Tuesday from the CCI into Disneyland. Possible??

Staying at a Resort Hotel using your room key as proof ,you get EMH ( early entry ) into DCA on Mon ,, Wed, Fri, Sun. and EMH into DL on Tue, Thur , and Sat which are the same days that are for Magic Morning for DL only.. Try calling the resort or checking with the CM at the turnstile. You could just not go in early on Thur and Sat. but you would be losing out on 2 days EMH

Not sure if this will make any difference towards your planning but you DO get EMH on check IN day as well as check OUT day.

You're supposed to be able to ask at the turnstiles to make sure it's not removed. I don't have personal experience, but I know I've read of other people doing it. If it's not on there on Tues, I'd suggest showing your GC room key and explaining what happened.

Double check with the person scanning your ticket at the turnstile and make sure you have your room keys when entering. We forgot one morning (that was the beginning of a long day...) so they used our magic morning which didn't matter to us but showed me that it is possible they could check off your magic morning instead of EMH. That's why I suggest double checking BEFORE the CM scans your groups tickets.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
Gottalovepluto, this is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the info! I'll be certain to ask the CM at the turnstile prior to scanning tickets for entry. It's not a huge deal if it doesn't work out, but we'd like the extra hour if we can get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter