How to ride shotgun on the monorail?

Sorry to butt in but can you ride in the front from the MK parking lot to MK? And is it possible to go in there with 4 adults and a toddler (two year old) or is it 4 people total no matter what?

i definitly want to do it, but we'll be traveling w/ a stroller so we're going to have to split up, me and 4 year old go ride up front, daddy and baby ride in the back.

My wife is backseat to the Monorail.....:rotfl2:
hunting206-1.jpg

Sorry to butt in but can you ride in the front from the MK parking lot to MK? And is it possible to go in there with 4 adults and a toddler (two year old) or is it 4 people total no matter what?

As far as I know they let people ride up front at all points.

In our experience they are strict about the only 4 people rule, including little ones. When we've done it, one of us will take 3 of our boys while the other sits in the back with the 4th. Then next time we'll switch.

As far as I know they let people ride up front at all points.

In our experience they are strict about the only 4 people rule, including little ones. When we've done it, one of us will take 3 of our boys while the other sits in the back with the 4th. Then next time we'll switch.
Thanks! I'll have to try it when we go in April. One of the adults will just have to not go in front but that's not a big deal.

What do you do with a stroller if you have one? DH and I can take DS3 & DS4 on the trip but will they let the four of us on with two small umbrella strollers?

We usually try to do it at least once a trip. We tend to look for the emptiest monorail (like lunch time-ish) and that's the one we ask to ride. We don't even bother asking at peak times.

As far as I can recall, we had no trouble taking on an umbrella stroller.

My husband and I were in WDW last month-his first trip ever. He was SO excited about riding the monorail, but he knew nothing about riding up front, so I quietly made arrangements with the CM. DH was thrilled! The driver gave us both "honorary captain" cards and wings! It was so cute. We rode up front a few days later, too. We're both in our 50s BTW and the CMs couldn't have been nicer.

On our June trip in 2007, we decided to ride the monorail around the different monorail resorts. Well, I had mentioned to my DH that I thought the kids would love to ride up front. He thought I was crazy for even mentioning it. So while waiting for a monorail I had asked if we could ride up front....we were at GF at the time and there were like 4 other families infront of us. So when we got to CR, I asked again and only had to wait for 1 train (remember that you can stay on a monorail, you don't have to get off the very next stop while riding in front). So while sitting infront, my DH kept saying that this was sooooo cool and he had no idea that you can do such a thing....I think he was even more excited than the kids and I were. Afterwards, my DDs got the "Honorary Captain" cards, which they keep in their wallets at all times. My DH learned so much on how a monorail works and how it is to be a driver and such....our driver was AWESOME.

Yes, a toddler counts as one of the 4. Sorry, they do not make exceptions to that rule even if there is plenty of room to fit a baby or small child.

and Yes, you can ride up front from the TTC to the MK. We have. It's short but sweet, and the best part is going through the Contemporary! Enjoy!!!

What do you do with a stroller if you have one? DH and I can take DS3 & DS4 on the trip but will they let the four of us on with two small umbrella strollers?

You'll have to collapse it/them. There is no room to push a stroller of any size into the front cab open. Once they are closed, you can carry them with you.:thumbsup2

You'll have to collapse it/them. There is no room to push a stroller of any size into the front cab open. Once they are closed, you can carry them with you.:thumbsup2

Thanks. I was definitely planning on folding them up. I think my kids would be too excited to sit in strollers while "co-piloting" the monorail!

I think I've ridden up front twice. The first experience was especially cool because the driver gave us little cards that said we were co-pilots. It's pretty simple to do-- just try to get there early and ask! ;)

Funny story about this...it was our first night and we had ressies at chef mickey's for dinner. Well as we're waiting in line at the MK monorail to go to Contemporary, dh and I start arguing about something - oh no wait - I think DH was reprimanding our 5 year old for something or other and all of a sudden a CM starts saying "Sir, sir" towards my dh. We both turn around and he asks us if we want to sit in the front...uhhh yeah! I was so shocked and it was so unexpected. I actually have a great picture (somewhere) and the driver was so nice. The kids still have their little "pilot cards".

Where can you catch the monorail from. We are staying at pop in may and think DD would love to co-pilot

There are stations at the TTC, MK, the "monorail resorts" (Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian) and Epcot.

On the TTC-Epcot line, its best to take it from the TTC to Epcot, so you get the view going around Spaceship Earth before getting to the station.

so when we arrive on our first day we plan to head to MK. should be get a bus to epcot to catch the monorail from pop?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter