How to "reset" Fastpasses before cancellation

DavidNYC

DIS Veteran
We shortened our trip by a day and got the email about FP being cancelled for the one day we now don't have a reservation. We have APs and are now within 30 days of our reservation so would be entitled to make them outright for that day even with out a reservation. What can I do to "reset" my eligibility? If I modify one of the ones scheduled to be cancelled will that work? What about changing a selection? Or will they cancel whatever I have on that day no matter what I do now and just have to wait for them to be cancelled to be safe in making new ones? Have no idea now the system actually processes these and makes it difficult to know what to do now (other than look for a throwaway room for that night.)

We shortened our trip by a day and got the email about FP being cancelled for the one day we now don't have a reservation. We have APs and are now within 30 days of our reservation so would be entitled to make them outright for that day even with out a reservation. What can I do to "reset" my eligibility? If I modify one of the ones scheduled to be cancelled will that work? What about changing a selection? Or will they cancel whatever I have on that day no matter what I do now and just have to wait for them to be cancelled to be safe in making new ones? Have no idea now the system actually processes these and makes it difficult to know what to do now (other than look for a throwaway room for that night.)
It’s an automatic warning without regard to your AP.

You won’t lose any FPs because you have valid entitlements.

Thanks - wasn’t sure how it works when you cut one day off a resort reservation within the 30 day window. Our FP party is made up of people with different reservations at different on and offsite hotels on different days so wasn’t even sure whose FP would have been affected.

I can’t answer your question but am dealing with something similar. I also got a warning email because I cancelled my onsite hotel due to a change in travel plans. But I do have a ticket and am within 30 days so I wonder if they will really be cancelled. Guess I will wait and see. It’s not a big deal since I’m traveling solo and have flexibility. I’ll just make new ones if I have to. I don’t have any of the really hard to get ones except Peter Pan I guess.

I can’t answer your question but am dealing with something similar. I also got a warning email because I cancelled my onsite hotel due to a change in travel plans. But I do have a ticket and am within 30 days so I wonder if they will really be cancelled. Guess I will wait and see. It’s not a big deal since I’m traveling solo and have flexibility. I’ll just make new ones if I have to. I don’t have any of the really hard to get ones except Peter Pan I guess.
Your case is different because you’ve canceled an onsite reservation. The OP still has an onsite stay which along with valid entitlements keep his FPs intact.

Your case is different because you’ve canceled an onsite reservation. The OP still has an onsite stay which along with valid entitlements keep his FPs intact.

Just to clarify - we did cancel an onsite reservation but have made others. The current reservations however leave a one day gap for onsite stay in the middle of our stay (i.e. there's a day in the park we're offsite that is not a check in or check out day). That was the day I was concerned about - I know we're fine for the other days where we still have the stay - but wondering what will happen to the FP for the one day we are not staying on site. Just wanted to make sure I explained myself clearly first time in light of your answer above since I did cancel an onsite reservation - but I did make a new reservations that covers all but one park day.

Just to clarify - we did cancel an onsite reservation but have made others. The current reservations however leave a one day gap for onsite stay in the middle of our stay (i.e. there's a day in the park we're offsite that is not a check in or check out day). That was the day I was concerned about - I know we're fine for the other days where we still have the stay - but wondering what will happen to the FP for the one day we are not staying on site. Just wanted to make sure I explained myself clearly first time in light of your answer above since I did cancel an onsite reservation - but I did make a new reservations that covers all but one park day.
The remaining onsite nights keep your FPs intact. Even if you canceled all onsite nights except for 1 night, your FPs remain.

You can’t compare your situation to a person who books for the 60-day perk and then cancels the onsite stay.

how would that prevent someone from booking a 7 night campsite for example, make fastpasses, then reduce that to 1 night. if that is true his/her fastpasses would not be cancelled. I thought loopholes like these were closed.
have you seen reports that supports your claim?

The remaining onsite nights keep your FPs intact. Even if you canceled all onsite nights except for 1 night, your FPs remain.

You can’t compare your situation to a person who books for the 60-day perk and then cancels the onsite stay.

Thanks again! Just got a bit worried that I misunderstood you! That non-stay day unfortunately is my FoP day so probably the worst day to lose them for! Any other day in my trip I could make them tomorrow and be fine except for that day!

I just had to rebook my FPs for one day of my trip because I went from a 2 day onsite reservation down to a one day stay. I cancelled the FPs for the day in question one at a time and immediately rebooked them. The same time was available. Will see if they are still there tomorrow am!

Sorry to ask so many different ways, but I thought I'd read the opposite and am obviously confused and don't want to put my FPs at risk...

We have a 10 night stay booked on DVC points. We added another day at the beginning of the trip and booked our flights that way in order to visit family. Now my cousin might have to work, so I was thinking to book a one night cash stay at the beginning so that if he doesn't have to work, we will just cancel, and if he does, we will just stay the night at a value so we still get to use DME from the airport and enjoy Disney for another night. If we end up cancelling that first cash night, will we risk our FPs? We have APs.

Sorry to ask so many different ways, but I thought I'd read the opposite and am obviously confused and don't want to put my FPs at risk...

We have a 10 night stay booked on DVC points. We added another day at the beginning of the trip and booked our flights that way in order to visit family. Now my cousin might have to work, so I was thinking to book a one night cash stay at the beginning so that if he doesn't have to work, we will just cancel, and if he does, we will just stay the night at a value so we still get to use DME from the airport and enjoy Disney for another night. If we end up cancelling that first cash night, will we risk our FPs? We have APs.
The above answer along with the fact that you would rebook to another onsite hotel would keep your FPs intact.

Is this very similar to booking a "leading reservation"? But there was no ill intent on the OP. So your fast passes still stay in tact even if you were too cancel a reservation that was ahead of another reservation that you kept?

Is this very similar to booking a "leading reservation"? But there was no ill intent on the OP. So your fast passes still stay in tact even if you were too cancel a reservation that was ahead of another reservation that you kept?
Booking unnecessary rooms, for the FP advantage and then canceling, can’t be discussed on DIS because it’s a clear circumvention of Disney rules. Most posters don’t label these as ‘leading reservations’ and resort to ‘creative writing.’ 🤣

Booking unnecessary rooms, for the FP advantage and then canceling, can’t be discussed on DIS because it’s a clear circumvention of Disney rules. Most posters don’t label these as ‘leading reservations’ and resort to ‘creative writing.’ 🤣
I don’t think Disney sees a difference. Because I had a 2 night stay and planned on using a 2 day ticket on consecutive days. Then I looked at TouringPlans and based on the type of ticket I had (mid-day) decided to change to attending the park with a day off in between. (Was considering upgrading the ticket as well to take advantage of EMM, but budget is strained) Then the thinking became “Well why stay the 2nd day at a pricey hotel if we aren’t going to the park that day?” Decided to move on to the next phase of our trip at another resort, save a little money, and drive back the next day for the 2nd/last day of the ticket. But Disney knows none of this and doesn’t care, I had a day of FP+ booked at 60 days out and no longer had a reservation for that day, so I got the email. It was an easy fix, but probably would have been cancelled if I hadn’t acted to cancel and rebook them myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter