• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to request a gluten free menu...

lornak

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how to go about letting the staff know we need a gluten free menu? I looked over the medical form but it doesn't really seem to cover food issues. Should I send it in anyway? Should I include a letter from the doctor? Or do you take care of all the requests once on the ship? I have read several helpful threads on gluten free cruisers---any help with how to set this up would be greatly appreciated!! :goodvibes

The old medical form allowed for greater disclosure of conditions than the new one. Go ahead and send it in if you need to.

The best thing to do is go to Wavebands (Wonder) / Rockin' D (Magic) /Whatever if its on the Dream when you board and meet with the dining officer that will be there. They will make a note on your account about it. Then, when you get to dinner follow up by letting your head server and serving team know about it. If they didn't know already, they should then jump into action to get you taken care of.

Hi Lornak! We'll be on the cruise with you! :) I sent in the Medical form for my DD because of her peanut allergy. I spoke with a gentleman on the phone a week or so later and he had TONS of info for gluten free people. In fact, he kept getting confused and thinking we were a gluten free issue. I later found out he had 3 computer screens up at the same time and was trying to work on all of us at the same time. :headache: Guess that's why he told us one snack would be safe for DD - when I later researched it myself and found out it won't. :scared1:

I would suggest sending in the form. That prompts the phone call and the discussion. Good luck!

Definitely send in the form. I know the new form is strange but I would add something to it with your dietary restrictions. It never hurts for them to have the information in advance! :thumbsup2

The people at our table were in love with the chocolate lava cake. The next night it wasn't on the menu but they saw another table that had it. The mother really wanted the cake so she started with "But they have it why can't we get it?" Turns out it was gluten free, sugar free, everything free (next table had huge dietary restrictions). They tried to explain it to her but she got pissy. The chef had extra in the kitchen so they gave her one. The head server warned her that it would taste different even though it looked the same. She took one bite and spit it out making a face. Served her right! :rotfl:
But it looked really good. I'm sure it was, it just wasn't loaded up with everything she was used to. :lmao:

You may want to send an email to specialdiets@disneyworld.com and ask if they have a list of foods/restaurants on the ship that serve gluten free foods. I did this for the parks, and received very detailed info about what was available ready made and how to go about requesting a special diet.

You may want to send an email to specialdiets@disneyworld.com and ask if they have a list of foods/restaurants on the ship that serve gluten free foods. I did this for the parks, and received very detailed info about what was available ready made and how to go about requesting a special diet.

Hi there! I'm gluten intolerant (a celiac), and there's another thread that discusses this at some length. Here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2506642

Hope this helps! :flower3:

Best regards,
Richard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter