How to rent

emmababy

DIS Veteran
Is there a thread or sticky on renting points? I know there is Dave's or I could do myself. How do you get paid? In the beginning or once they stay? Do you use PayPal? Do you draw a contract?

Is there a thread or sticky on renting points? I know there is Dave's or I could do myself. How do you get paid? In the beginning or once they stay? Do you use PayPal? Do you draw a contract?

DVC requires a contract when renting your points. And you will need to notify MS that you are renting the reservation. Even if the CM on the phone says you can't rent. You can. It is allowed by DVC documentation.

Officially, PayPal cannot be used for timeshare rental. But people do it all the time. Check out their rules.

Is there a thread or sticky on renting points?

i would recommend trying some google searches.

I know there is Dave's or I could do myself.

if you are not going to rent on a fairly regular basis, i would use a broker like david. if you don't do a lot of research and know what you are doing, lean on their experience.

How do you get paid? Do you use PayPal?

i believe paypal has a policy against timeshare rentals. i'd probably stick with checks or official check/money orders.

In the beginning or once they stay? Do you draw a contract?

get paid EARLY. know your banking window and holding limitations if you cancel.

if you wait till they stay, they'll probably be gone and never pay.

and yes, use a contract. just be aware that a contract just clarifies what your and their expectations are...if something goes wrong, it will likely cost more than it's worth to legally pursue someone for breaking the contract.

The DVC Rent/Trade Board has a sticky near the top of the board with some good information about renting in general and suggestions for both members and renters. The thread is titled **How to use this Board - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING**.

All rentals are based on your negotiation with your potential renter, so be sure to protect yourself in any agreement. Contracts are a good idea to make sure all aspects of the rental are clear to both parties. Most will accept Paypal and personal checks and will expect a deposit after the reservation has been made and the balance 60 days prior to arrival, but if the arrival date is within 30 days of arrival it might be wise to expect full payment even before making the reservation due to Holding Account restrictions.

A rental broker, like www.DVCrequest.com , can certainly help from all aspects as they will provide the contract, the renter and will handle all aspects of the rental. The only thing the member would need to do is make the reservation itself.

Good luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter