How to reinflate a Mickey Balloon

Tara8595

DIS Veteran
Just got home from a Disney trip with 3 deflated Mickey balloons, hoping to reinflate. Sometimes we have luck at Party City, sometimes not. Found this on YouTube and thought I'd share for all of you who like to bring your balloons home. Maybe if you tell the balloon person the trick, they'll be able to do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfV92gLWekY

I'm not sure if it would help.

Obviously they use a very small cable tie to seal the balloon.

But its the inflation part I don't get. Maybe if I saw the bottom of the balloon. Is it just a balloon in a balloon or is there some sort of dual valve.

If its just a balloon in a balloon it still looks like there is some technique the person uses to inflate just one balloon at a time.

How do you deflate one of these balloons, so that we can re-inflate it when we get home? I don't want to damage the balloon.

Kelly

How do you deflate one of these balloons, so that we can re-inflate it when we get home? I don't want to damage the balloon.

Kelly

I've never seen one up close except for this video, but they use a small cable tie to seal the bottom. If you cut it without damaging the balloon that should deflate it.

A pair of fingernail clippers would do it but I would be afraid of cutting the balloon.

The balloons can be inflated using two needle inflators such as used for balls (basketballs, etc.) You need to be able to control the air into each inflator separately and precisely. Hand pumps will not work. Inflate them little by little. When both are inflated, pull both needles out together.

Do not inflate the outer balloon fully first. If you do that, the outer balloon will swell further and burst when you inflate the inner balloon.

The balloons can be inflated using two needle inflators such as used for balls (basketballs, etc.) You need to be able to control the air into each inflator separately and precisely. Hand pumps will not work. Inflate them little by little. When both are inflated, pull both needles out together.

Do not inflate the outer balloon fully first. If you do that, the outer balloon will swell further and burst when you inflate the inner balloon.

So if you went to the local Hallmark store where they do balloons, would they have the equipment to re-inflate it for you?

On the two videos, the one linked above and another one that popped up on youtube, it looks like they are using normal inflation valves. Just inflating one then the other.

If you have just one valve you need to be fast fingered to switch the valve to the other balloon stem without losing the air in the first balloon. Also they know how little to inflate the outer balloon first so when they do the inner balloon it comes out just right.

So if you went to the local Hallmark store where they do balloons, would they have the equipment to re-inflate it for you?

I leaning towards no.

It looks like they use a normal fill valve, but it takes a little bit of extra technique blowing it up properly.

Also the balloon is sealed with a very small cable tie. At Hallmark or any other balloon place they would most likely not have these ties or the tool to tighten them. They either tie latex balloons or have mylar (silver) balloons that self seal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!