• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to pronounce Krispy Kreme?

I don't care how you pronounce it...I want a Krispy Kreme donut NOW!!!:rotfl:

Another American chiming in to say it's pronounced "cream."

I don't think anyone over here would know what "crem" was.:rotfl:

Shhhh....don't tell anyone...I don't like them either, and it doesn't matter if they are hot or not. Across the country, many Krispy Kreme outlets have had to close because of poor sales. The one near me lasted about a year before closing.

I say cream.

I love them, however don't buy them to often.
I had a lovely cookie and cream one yesterday and it was so nice. Even DD who hates donuts loved it.

Always Crispy Creme here ::yes::

I don't mind them:rolleyes1 but rather oddly I prefer the smell of them to the taste. DD's school sell them at the school fete for charity (KK donate an amount for every dozen sold) and it used to be my job to go and get dozens of them on the morning of the fete, and oh my, the smell in the back of my car was heaven:lmao:

The bigger Tesco's have them, but our favourite one is from the Trafford Centre :goodvibes

The bigger Tesco's have them, but our favourite one is from the Trafford Centre :goodvibes

I love selfridges food hall, I spend so much there, not just on krispy Kremes. I have an unhealth addiction to cookie and cream hershy

Thanks for your replies. Looks like Cream it is ... but I wonder if this is the time to say I don't actually like them? But I do enjoy seeing them for sale as the logo reminds me of my holidays.

I don't like them either :rolleyes1

I say Crispy Crem - don't like them much though, too sweet for me :)

Another American chiming in to say it's pronounced "cream."

I don't think anyone over here would know what "crem" was.:rotfl:

Shhhh....don't tell anyone...I don't like them either, and it doesn't matter if they are hot or not. Across the country, many Krispy Kreme outlets have had to close because of poor sales. The one near me lasted about a year before closing.

Krispy Kremes rule - what is the matter with you people ;)

I love selfridges food hall, I spend so much there, not just on krispy Kremes. I have an unhealth addiction to cookie and cream hershy

It's fab isn't it Claire :) I love it just wander around in there looking at all the unusual things they've got!

I love 'em too. If I have to go to London for a meeting (about 3 times a year) I go to Harrods and buy them for my team back at work. Last week I had to come back with 2 dozen!!! They went in seconds!!!!! Choc Dreamcake is my fave, especially with the little Harrods badge on it!!

Thanks for your replies. Looks like Cream it is ... but I wonder if this is the time to say I don't actually like them? But I do enjoy seeing them for sale as the logo reminds me of my holidays.

I had never eaten a Krispy Kreme before but I remembered you saying on the Tony Roma's thread that they sold them in Bentalls so after our meal DH and I decided to get some to take home for our DDs. We were lucky as by the time we got there they were being sold off for less than half-price so we took a huge box home and although I didn't like the chocolate ones I loved the lemon meringue and the strawberries and kreme flavours. :thumbsup2

I'm not a huge fan of them, but do enjoy them occasionally. I prefer the smell and often walk past the store on my lunch break just to smell them.:rolleyes1

Though, I did enjoy when the store first opened and they were giving away loads of boxes of a dozen doughnuts. 1 and a half seems the optimal amount before I start feeling :sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter