• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how to preserve movie ticket stubs?

LaurieA

Mouseketeer
My son asked me how he could keep his Movie Ticket stub from fading etc. He has a ticket from the Jurassic World premier at the chinese theater. He has other JW stubs he would like to keep. If anyone knows how to do so or ideas to frame etc, it would be appreciated. Framing would be a good gift for Christmas, but would need to get them from him lol.

You could laminate them.
Do not do this. The ticket is probably thermally printed. Laminating it will destroy it.

The best way is to keep it in a cool, dry, dark place. Sunlight will fade the ink quickly. Heat and/or dampness will destroy the paper. Even with proper storage, it won't last forever.

Do not do this. The ticket is probably thermally printed. Laminating it will destroy it.

The best way is to keep it in a cool, dry, dark place. Sunlight will fade the ink quickly. Heat and/or dampness will destroy the paper. Even with proper storage, it won't last forever.

Agreed. If you can find some acid-free envelopes to store them in, that will help preserve them.

I think most of them are printed on that thermal paper and are going to fade eventually regardless of anything you do. The only thing I can think of that might keep the ink from fading is putting it in contact paper, but if you want true archival quality, you need acid free paper, etc. and I highly doubt that movie tickets are printed on the right sort of paper for that. Take pictures.

I think most of them are printed on that thermal paper and are going to fade eventually regardless of anything you do. The only thing I can think of that might keep the ink from fading is putting it in contact paper,

The adhesive from the contact paper will cause more damage than leaving it exposed to air.

but if you want true archival quality, you need acid free paper, etc. and I highly doubt that movie tickets are printed on the right sort of paper for that.

They're not.

Take pictures.

Yep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter