• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to order online “Multi-Day Passport Special” tickets?

stivo

Earning My Ears
Thanks to excellent advice and guidance from people on DISboards.com we've booked at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, it'll be a great way to wrap up our month-long trip to Japan. But I need more advice. How do we order the “Multi-Day Passport Special” tickets? Do we order online the "standard" tickets and when we check in they upgrade them? Or do we need to wait until we get to the hotel and check in to buy the “Multi-Day Passport Special” tickets? I feel like I'm missing some key bit of info somewhere....

Thanks, as always, for the advice.

I don't think you can order them online. I looked at my Disneyland Hotel reservation online and there's an option to add tickets, but the prices are for the regular passports. I guess it makes sense, otherwise it would create a loophole - people could make a hotel reservation, buy the special passport, then cancel the reservation.

I don't know if you can upgrade from regular to special, but it doesn't seem worth the trouble and potential communication problem....

It seems to me that way, too, and I gave some thought to trying to call, but I think I'm being a bit overzealous and shouldn't have trouble buying the tickets when we check in.

About that loophole, they do note that if you make any reservations at restaurants as a hotel guest that if you cancel the hotel reservation they cancel all other reservations, so it seems they've thought of that. I should think they could have a similar system for the tickets, or require pick up of the tickets at check-in.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have the exact same problem, and we really want to park hop for the 2 days at the end of our 6 days there so we need the special tickets to make it work...we are staying at the new Celebration hotel and it's our third visit :) So far we hadn't used those special tickets yet so I'm also not sure how it works. I feel uneasy about not booking them ahead of time..

I've never had a problem booking the special multi day tickets at the hotel after I checked in. (admittedly only at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel but I can't imagine it's any more difficult at other hotels) It's been super quick and easy, so don't worry. :)

I've never had a problem booking the special multi day tickets at the hotel after I checked in. (admittedly only at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel but I can't imagine it's any more difficult at other hotels) It's been super quick and easy, so don't worry. :)
Yeah the only problem I have is - we are staying in the celebration hotel Thu, Sep 15- Mon Sep 19 and then switch to the Hilton for the last 2 nights. I am not 100% sure they will sell me a 2 or 3 day special ticket on the day of or the day before my check out that is issued for longer than my stay...anyone have any idea how strict they are with that?

We've been twice and bought them after checkin in. I thought only guests at Miracosta and TDLH could get the 'special' hop from day 1 tix.

We've been twice and bought them after checkin in. I thought only guests at Miracosta and TDLH could get the 'special' hop from day 1 tix.
No, all official Disney hotels offer them - even the new Celebration. I just don't know if they would sell me a ticket that extends beyond my stay.

No, all official Disney hotels offer them - even the new Celebration. I just don't know if they would sell me a ticket that extends beyond my stay.
Were you able to buy tickets beyond your stay at Celebration? We are doing something similar, staying at Celebration Hotel May 16-19 and Mira Costa 19-21. I'm hoping to buy a 1-day and a 4-day ticket but I'm not sure what their policy is.

Were you able to buy tickets beyond your stay at Celebration? We are doing something similar, staying at Celebration Hotel May 16-19 and Mira Costa 19-21. I'm hoping to buy a 1-day and a 4-day ticket but I'm not sure what their policy is.
We ended up not buying the hopper tickets because our plans changed - but if you stay in two official hotels you should have no issue. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter