• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How-to/need U.S. bank to book SeaWorld camp

KitKate

<font color=teal>Make mine a t-shirt<br><font colo
While we are at WDW, I hope to register my DD in one of the Seaworld adventure camps. However, when I tried to look into it, it asked for a U.S. bank issued credit card with a U.S. billing and shipping address. Is there any way around this and if so, how?

I do have a (Cdn) Bank of Montreal U.S. account and was just about to get a U.S. funds credit card but this is a Cdn bank. How do I get around the address issue?

This seems to come up on several things I want to order/ or do in the States. If we live near the border can you go across and get a bank account if you are not a resident? Thanks.

I would try calling directly. Sometimes it is just because their websites are not set up to taking non US addresses.

Call. It might be that they will accept another form of payment, or your CN CC if you call.

You won't have much luck trying to get a credit card with a US billing address if you don't actually have a US address. A bank account won't help... you would have a non-resident account (some banks will let you open them, I hear, but it's a hassle) with a Canadian address. No help in getting the credit card.

When I signed up my son a couple of years ago I phoned the 1-800 number and had no problems We rec'd the package about 2 weeks later with all the info & parking pass in it. Mind you this was for San Diego so I don't know if it's still the same.
This reminds me I need to get him set up for this summer before it's sold out.
Your DD will love it. My son still talks about his time there.

Just call SeaWorld, my kids were in the Sea World camp last year and they loved it. The camp includes a day trip to Tampa. The kids are begging to go again this year.

I've been trying to figure this problem out too but I don't believe there is anyway around the credit card issue.

One of the cc fraud prevention methods used in the US is AVS (address verification system). AVS matches the billing address (or ZIP code as is the case with some US gas stations) provided by the customer with the billing address on file for that cc.

No ZIP code = no cc purchase :sad2:

I just booked my two kids for the SeaWorld camp from July 28-Aug 1 with CIBC VISA card no problem whatsoever. Got email notification of credit card processed within couple minutes.

Hi there
here is what i did for my dvc membership that needed a us bank account, if you have a royal bank account go to your branch and tell them you need to set up a RBC CENTURA account and make sure you get your pocket check card ( like or debit card here ) but the pocket card comes with the visa logo and you can use it like a visa but with out having intrest,the whole porcess took about 2 weeks or so, whats also nice is now when you travel into the states you can just transfer your money into your us account and not have to carry so much cash or need to buy travelers checks.

Hope this helps you and if anyone needs a lillt more info please pm me i will be happy to help

Mike

Hi there
here is what i did for my dvc membership that needed a us bank account, if you have a royal bank account go to your branch and tell them you need to set up a RBC CENTURA account and make sure you get your pocket check card ( like or debit card here ) but the pocket card comes with the visa logo and you can use it like a visa but with out having intrest,the whole porcess took about 2 weeks or so, whats also nice is now when you travel into the states you can just transfer your money into your us account and not have to carry so much cash or need to buy travelers checks.

That's a great option for managing access to your money and timing your currency exchanges, but with many of the online sites that won't accept a Canadian credit card, the problem is your Canadian billing address. Their software isn't set to accept a postal code. So when you get to the part of the page that asks you to enter your billing address, you keep getting told it's invalid.

Very often, if you can talk to an actual human being either via e-mail contact address at the site or on the phone, they can take your order.

Though I've also been told (more often in the bad old days way back 5 years ago) "Sorry, US only." Well, their loss, right? I don't want to FORCE them to do business with me!:snooty:

I just booked my two kids for the SeaWorld camp from July 28-Aug 1 with CIBC VISA card no problem whatsoever. Got email notification of credit card processed within couple minutes.

Good news.. this can clearly be done. Did you do this online or via phone?

Knox

Hi Knox

I done it through phone last year because you have to call to get the annual pass discount and online this year.

Gary

I did call direct to the SeaWorld Camp and it was not an issue at all to use the Cdn credit card. It must just be an online booking issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter