How to mix it up

peterbo

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to WDW in January 2010. This will be the 5th year in a row that we are going in January. My kids will be 9 and 7 and I am trying to find ways to mix things up and do some different things while we are there. My kids love all of the rides and we will visit all of the parks (and Downtown Disney) but I was trying to think of a few different things that they would like. We have never done Disney Quest, so we are considering that, but is there anything else that anyone recommends? What have you done to keep things fresh?

Keep in mind that many families return to the same exact camp grounds/cabin/house on the lake summer after summer and it never gets boring. It is actually the comfort of knowing exactly what to expect. The way you can picture it in your mind before you go. Talking about where you are going to eat, and remembering past trips...

Your family trip to Disney will always be special and it will always be changing because the children's interests are changing.

I would begin by talking about which rides/attractions they are going to try this year. Maybe something was too frightening before and now they are ready to tackle it.

Have you done the mouse boats yet? Your children are too young to drive on their own, but you can go together. Any of the lake front resorts will rent them. We like Wilderness Lodge. They are next to a small, quiet, sandy area.

I'm sure you've done Beaches and Cream, but boy do I love that place. Worth the wait.

Go to the Steve Soars site and each pick something different you've never seen before. Have you met Push at MK. (He's a cutie and lots of interactive fun.) Which entertainers have you yet to see at Epcot?

Have you visited other resorts? Maybe a carriage ride? Or fishing at POR?

Check out the allears.net for all the neat little things you can do at the different resorts. I would like to go to the AKL, watch the animals, and have a drink at the bar.

Make sure you are taking time to do all the special shows and events in each park. ask your kids what they want to do...I know our DD and DS like to do some things year after year after year....I'd suggest throwing in an ADR at a new Deluxe resort and then taking time to explore. We did BOMA at AKL in June and it was a wonderful experience. We then walked out and sat by the fire, watched the animals being fed for the night, and read all the unique displays in the lobby. New character staging is in DHS in the Animation Studios area just past Little Mermaid. There's a few years to wait, but the KTTk tour and Segway tours are exciting. There are special Pirates and BBB events for a surprise maybe; how about a balloon ride over DTD? We did TREx and American Idol in June and they were awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter