• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to make the most of Week after Easter

taraaplin

Mouseketeer
This is our first time EVER going to disney. Week starting on Day before easter is only time available. I have studied, made out a plan.

ANy onther suggestions?

Sounds like h are good to go. We will be there 3/22-3/28. We planned very little, only one ADRi also have a general sense of what park we're doing based on crowd projections. Each kid did their list of must do rides/attractions. Be prepared to focus on the must do. I hear crowds are building now and will continue through Easter week.

We were at WDW 10 years ago at 4th of July. It was a mad house. We took breaks at midday, even without kids, and went out at night, back to a park. We are going to be a RD family too. That will make the afternoon swim/nap breaks more pleasing to the boys.

Enjoy your trip! I can't wait!

Crowds shouldn't be that bad should they? I live in the southeast and the spring breaks around here are all the week before Easter. I also know that at least some places in Texas are this week. Don't know about the north east though.

We only have one ADR the whole time we are there! Figured it would r beat to do mainly counter service! We will have a toddler with us too (turns 2 day before trip). Any suggestions for him?

This is our first time EVER going to disney. Week starting on Day before easter is only time available. I have studied, made out a plan.

ANy onther suggestions?

Our Spring Break is the week after Easter (we are in SW Virginia) and lots of places have that week off.
My advice would be to get to the parks at rope drop and you will get so much more done. We do this every trip (and we dont go in the most crowded of times). We usually take a midday break and come back to the parks after rest and swimming.

Crowds shouldn't be that bad should they? I live in the southeast and the spring breaks around here are all the week before Easter. I also know that at least some places in Texas are this week. Don't know about the north east though.

A lot of schools have their breaks the week after easter. The 2 weeks surrounding easter are among the busiest of the year.

Us too. Going the week after Easter and that's because our daughter and her BFF are on Spring Break. We live in NC and most everyone we know here are on SB either the week of or before. We plan on only visiting 2 parks and the teenagers are doing 3. We're not big AK fans, or HS since we're not big thrill riders. The girls will do that park while we're taking it easier in Epcot. The perks of traveling with 2 17 year olds;)

We will be there the same time. We have been going the week following Easter for a few years now and have really enjoyed it. Yes its busy but you can still get a lot done. Use your time wisely, use fp wisely and although we are not mid day break people we do take breaks at MK and go back after dinner. Its just really busy from noon til about 5. With the extended hours there is still plenty of time to get attractions done. Have fun!!!:banana:

ANy onther suggestions?

Arrive before rope drop.

Use FP wherever you can.

Do the big headliners and slow loaders in the first couple hours each morning.

If you have ADRs at a certain park, don't assume you can arrive midday and get in to the park. Capacity closures can and do occur during Easter time.

Make a short "must-do" list. Consider anything else you get to do a nice extra.

Eat early or late so you can avoid the longest lines. Make ADRs NOW if you haven't already so you won't be disappointed by the lack of available sit-down restaurants.

Pack your patience and your sense of humor and you will be fine. The weather should be beautiful, so at least you won't be sweating your buns off while wading through the crowds.

crowds for the week after easter. My hopeful reasoning stems from a few points.

1. Early Easter and what seems to be a split between various parts of the country whether Spring break is the week before or after Easter.

2. Disney running the 30% room discount starting on 4/2/13. Disney only runs discounts when they have to attract more visitors. Maybe bookings are down.

3. I can still find open rooms at the value resorts for the week after Easter.

4. I made ADR's last week and got all that I wanted, included reservations at Rose and Crown for 745 pm.

However, it is Spring Break and there will be crowds. And there are some extended hours, especially at MK. What the heck, we are still going and will have a great time.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I have planned everything out including where we will eat lol. We will have the baby with us too (will have just turned two). I am nervous about how we will do all big rides for kids and how the ride swap thingy works. I am nervous for our first trip!!!

Thank you for all your suggestions. I have planned everything out including where we will eat lol. We will have the baby with us too (will have just turned two). I am nervous about how we will do all big rides for kids and how the ride swap thingy works. I am nervous for our first trip!!!

Rider switch is simple: your group approach the CM near the ride entrance and you ask for a rider switch pass. Then an adult waits with the kids who are too small to ride while the rest of the group gets in line like they normally would. After they ride, the adult who was waiting uses the rider switch pass to go through the fastpass entrance with up to two more people.

We have visited the first week of April the past several years and this year will be there 3/30-4/6. Sometimes Easter falls in there, like this year.

We have a ball!!!

The weather is perfect - sunny, warm but not hot. We almost never have rain.

Use the heck out of fastpass. We literally get another FP the moment the next one is available. My husband and I act as FP runners. While the other does something with the kids (snack, bathrooms, show, shops, etc) the other runs and grabs the FP. We use the WDW wait times app to decide which one to get next.

Dining - all sit down reservations are made. For counter service try to go early or late. We are fine eating lunch at 11 so we try to do that to avoid crowds.

Arrive at the parks early! Cannot stress this enough. You will get so much done between opening and 11 you will set the pace for the entire day. My kids are older (11 and 15) so we try to hit parks early at least half the trip. The other days we sleep in, revisit a park, do downtown Disney, pool, etc.

Drive your own car. We used to always take the busses. Many trips we waited forever, were packed like sardines, froze from the A/C, had to balance sleeping kids and strollers, etc. At some point a couple years ago we tried driving our own car. A world of difference! We all have a seat, ride in comfort, have room for our stuff, parking is free cause we are on site, and if you arrive early you get a parking space so close you don't need the tram.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter