How to make "lava lamps"?

elliemae1192

Mouseketeer<br><font color="pink">Asked for sympat
:wave2: Hi, I don't spend much time in this forum. I'm usually on the CB, but I know you guys can make anything so I thought I'd ask here. ;)

I had a link on my computer to a preschool site that had an idea on how to make a wave bottle or "lava lamp". I saved it but now can't find it anywhere. I know it had water, baby oil, food coloring and glitter all mixed together in a small soda bottle, but I'm not sure what quantities or if there was anything else in there. I'd love to make this in my mom's day out class next week. If anyone has that info I'd be so appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

Is this what you mean ?

You will need:
vegetable oil or baby oil
water
food coloring
glitter, sequins, or small shiny beads
a small, clean glass jar or bottle with a tight lid
Fill the jar about one-third full of oil. Next, sprinkle in glitter, sequins, and/or beads—a variety of sizes and colors is nice.

Pour in water almost to the top of the jar. Add a drop or two of food coloring. Then, carefully fill the rest of the jar with water. You might want to do this over a sink.

Screw the cap on the jar as tightly as you can.

Slowly turn the jar upside down, then right side up again. It's instant art! You can just enjoy the sight, or read on to learn how chemistry makes your lava lamp flow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter