How to leave Boardwalk after parks close?

PersonalizedMouse

PersonalizedMouse
What is the easiest way to get to Caribbean Beach after Epcot and DHS close if I am dining on the Boardwalk. Thanks

The Free Way:
How long after DHS close? If it's less than an hour (I think) Disney buses should still be running from DHS to resorts. Walk to DHS or take a boat if they're still running (walking will be faster). You could always bus from the Boardwalk to MK if it's open, or DTD, but that's going way out of your way.

The Easy Way:
The quickest way is just to take a cab. The fare shouldn't be too bad, Boardwalk to CBR is not far.

Well I agree that the quickest way is to take a cab. But if you can't get back to DHS or EPCOT you can always take a bus to Downtown Disney and then another to Caribbean Beach.

I concur that if you're within one hour of DHS' closing time, you can still catch a bus from DHS to a resort. The last friendship boat leaves DHS an hour after closing, and after that (if Epcot is still open) the boats cut out the DHS stop of the loop (so I would aim to be at the BW dock no later than 45 minutes after DHS closes). Otherwise, you can walk from the BW to DHS (about 0.7 miles). You won't need a park ticket to get to the bus stops.

If Epcot is still open, that is an option, but you'll need a park hopper to get to the buses (they're at the front of the park).

Otherwise, I would catch a taxi from BW back to your resort. There are usually taxis waiting in front of the BW. It probably won't cost this much, but I'd allot about $20 plus tip.

We had dinner on the boardwalk with friends and was close to two hours after park closing at DHS and we did not realize how late we were, they had a couple of busses waiting for guests. We were at the Caribbean beach resort & they stopped at the pop & all stars resort too. They were not happy about it but we were so grateful they were still running busses.

We had dinner on the boardwalk with friends and was close to two hours after park closing at DHS and we did not realize how late we were, they had a couple of busses waiting for guests. We were at the Caribbean beach resort & they stopped at the pop & all stars resort too.

They were not happy about it but we were so grateful they were still running busses.

Why would you think that?
It is standard procedure to keep dispatching buses from the parks until all guests have been returned to their respective resorts.
No resort guest is left stranded at a WDW park.

ALSO-
They run busses every night directly from the Boardwalk Resort bus stop to the other Disney resorts.
They begin those runs after DHS and Epcot are closed.
The buses are designated to take home guests who have spent time at later dinners and Atlantic Dance Club and Jellyrolls Piano Bar.

We took a cab from the Boardwalk to CBR a few years back and the charge was 8.00. Prices have probably gone up since then but it was so much easier then trying to find a bus. Just walked out front and the cab's were waiting.

I second the cab option. My guess it would be $12 TOPS - it's really only about 2.5 miles or so. As long as you're a small enough group to fit in one cab (2-4 people) you'll be at the resort in probably less than 10 minutes. Any of the bus options run the risk of taking up to an hour to get back to CBR

When we got back to DHS the guy directing us to the busses yelled at us for coming back there so late that is why I stated they were not happy with us. This was our 2nd visit to Disney World & first time to eat on the boardwalk so I was not aware of the other busses running from there to other resorts. I will remember this for hopefully our 2015 trip. We are regulars at Disneyland & it is different here. Thank you for the information.

To say that there are buses running from Boardwalk to other resorts after Epcot and DHS close, is not exactly true. Yes, there are buses, but they are usually later in the evening, especially around closing time for Jellyrolls. And while you can get to your resort, it won't be quick. They will put multiple resorts on one bus....could be as many as 5! You are really better off taking a cab, if its a resort fairly close to BW, or just head to DTD, and transfer to your resort bus there.

I also agree to just take a cab. They're lined up outside the resorts! We've done it a few times, and it's just so much easier (and really not much money at all).

May to go ESPN club one evening for a few drinks and some sports. How would we get from AOA or AK (if we go directly from there) to it? Is there buses from the resorts to the boardwalk?

May to go ESPN club one evening for a few drinks and some sports. How would we get from AOA or AK (if we go directly from there) to it? Is there buses from the resorts to the boardwalk?

No. You would go to a park and then to BW from the park. I would go to DHS and either walk (20 mins tops), or take the boat (about 23 mins once you get on the boat). If you're at AK (the park vs AKL, the resort), just take a bus to BW. If at AoA, you could just take a cab.....they are very close to each other, so the fare would be about $10 plus tip.
Wen it's time to head out....
1. Cab
2. Bus to DTD and transfer to your resort bus there

I don't remember if we were staying at the BCV or off-site and heading for the Epcot parking area, but we missed the last boat from DHS. A CM followed us there and radioed the busses in front of DHS to be expecting us. A bus driver delivered us directly to our destination and we were the only ones on the bus! The main point here, though, is how extremely nice everyone was in helping us.

No. You would go to a park and then to BW from the park. I would go to DHS and either walk (20 mins tops), or take the boat (about 23 mins once you get on the boat). If you're at AK (the park vs AKL, the resort), just take a bus to BW. If at AoA, you could just take a cab.....they are very close to each other, so the fare would be about $10 plus tip.
Wen it's time to head out....
1. Cab
2. Bus to DTD and transfer to your resort bus there

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter