How to keep frizzy hair looking good on a cruise.. Any tips?

I'm cheap. And impatient.

Dove has an anti-frizz product. I wash my hair w/ shampoo and conditioner 2x a week. I wash it with an anti-frizz shampoo the other days. I use a towel to get the drippy water out, comb it out, then I use the Dove anti-frizz product daily.

I have also found that if I use hair spray on my hair while it is still damp / wet, it helps.

I blow my curly hair straight most of the time. I use Paul Brown Hawaii stay straight molding creme. It keeps my hair straight for three days with no frizz. I live in Southeast Florida and the humidity is crazy, but my hair stays nice and smooth. Another thing to combat the frizz is a really good hair dryer. I have a 2000 watt BaByLiss and it rocks whether I'm using the diffuser or blowing it out. Takes just minutes doing either.

My daughter and I both have long wavy to curly hair. On special occasions I set both our hair the night before in twists after wetting and combing conditioner and hair oil (or your favorite product) thru.

I part our hair into quadrants then part each quadrant into another 4 sections (16 total). Then put on a satin bonnet or scarf to sleep in also to reduce frizz. In the morning we open the twists with the tips of our fingers and style.

It is once you comb thru your hair that when the frizzies come out so resist temptation. ;)

Yeah I have problems keeping my hands out of my hair. :rolleyes1

When on the cruise I need something fast too. Like going from pool or CC to dinner. I usually only have 1 hour to shower and get ready.

Also, I have lightened my hair (professionally done) and I can tell it feels dryer and damaged. I am sure me using a flat iron on it isn't helping matters.

I have naturally curly hair and always say "I do not have hair made for Florida!" On my previous cruises I just kept my hair in a ponytail to keep it under control. But I agree about pictures so on my cruise next week I will try to keep it down at least once for dinner. I use Ouidad hair products. They work for me at home in NJ but Florida and the sea air are different animals.

You may want to consider a smoothing treatment. Not a straightener. I have naturally curly and frizzy hair, and my hair dresser does a treatment called F450. It's not a keratin treatment, but it's an amino acid. It works wonders on my hair. I have had it done a week before both of my cruises and I had no issues.

I LOVE the F450 Smoothing Treatment! (it's made by Thermafuse, for those that don't know) I've been doing the express treatment on my hair for a year now, and what a change I've seen. My hair has natural wave (not curls) and body, and I was worried about the treatment taking that away, but it didn't. Just left me with smooth, frizz free hair that still has fullness and body.

My daughter has very curly hair that tends to frizz in the humidity. We always joke with her when we are in Disney that her "crazy Florida hair" was back, it really has a mind of it's own, lol! I've tried lots of products on her, and none seemed to help. Because she is so young, smoothing treatments were out of the question. After some googling, I found a great shampoo and conditioner that really tamed her hair. I was amazed at the results! It's the Natural Shampoo and Conditioner by Original Sprout. We used that in conjunction with their leave in conditioner and it really did wonders with her hair.

Keratin treatments are amazing when done well you can still keep some wave but no frizz and leave the hair in awesome condition one of my clients calls it botox for hair! makes it feel younger and much healthier!

My wife have great fun on Caribbean cruises watching women the first night who clearly spent time on their hair. But the second night, most realize, what ever your hair does growing out of your head, it what it is going to do in the humidity and wind on a cruise.
If you have frizzy hair, it will frizzy for the week, if you have straight hair, it wll be straight.

Tried to let mine dry naturally curly/wavy last night as a experiment and boy that was a mistake. It was SO frizzy and a mess. I got some new products to try and a microfiber towel. I also didn't touch it (much) after putting in the products. Today I had to wear it in a braid till I can get home and do a deep condition treatment on it. :scared1: Crazy how different it looks just from styling it differently.

I have almost a year till my next cruise to get it right. Living in the south I have plenty of humid days to practice with. :rotfl:

WEN by Chaz Dean is amazing! Started using it 4 months ago & I haven't had any issues with frizz this summer! You can find all kinds of videos including QVC.....where I purchased it too! I started using it mostly cuz my color treated hair would faded fast & had to get it done more frequently. It's not like a typical shampoo as it does not lather. People with curly hair rave about this product. Good Luck!

WEN by Chaz Dean is amazing! Started using it 4 months ago & I haven't had any issues with frizz this summer! You can find all kinds of videos including QVC.....where I purchased it too! I started using it mostly cuz my color treated hair would faded fast & had to get it done more frequently. It's not like a typical shampoo as it does not lather. People with curly hair rave about this product. Good Luck!

Thanks - I'll check it out this weekend. :thumbsup2
I Come home this afternoon and did coconut oil for a hour, shampoo, more conditioner for 1/2 hour and then vinegar. Feels so much better but still have a ways to go to get it healthier.

Hope you try it....it works on any hair type. My daughter has long thick hair & it took forever to comb after showering & she just combs it with no effort.

Tried to let mine dry naturally curly/wavy last night as a experiment and boy that was a mistake. It was SO frizzy and a mess. I got some new products to try and a microfiber towel. I also didn't touch it (much) after putting in the products. Today I had to wear it in a braid till I can get home and do a deep condition treatment on it. :scared1: Crazy how different it looks just from styling it differently.

I have almost a year till my next cruise to get it right. Living in the south I have plenty of humid days to practice with. :rotfl:

Did you comb it after showering? You need to literally just shake it out a bit so that the waves/curls are together in clumps. Scrunch some of the water out then apply the product. Otherwise, frizz.

There have been so many of these threads through the years. I have probably bought each and every product that someone raves about. THEY DO NOT WORK for me. PERIOD. I have wasted soooooo much money on products. The tshirt or microfiber cloth trick doesn't work either. Nope, still had a uncontrolled mess. Then, someone started a thread on the community board about the Keritan straightening treatments so I tried it. Voila, my wonder treatment. It is not a chemical treatment. That was probably 3 or 4 years ago and I love, love, love my hair. I can now be in humidity and rain. My hair is soft and shiny. It's healthy and not dry anymore. It is expensive but it works for me for about 6 months. You have to get it done in a salon. I tried a few different brands at different salons. They all work but my very favorite is at Ulta of all places. It is called Kera Straight. Depending on the stylist it could cost you around 150.00 and a lot of times I find a 20% off coupon. Remember it last for me around 6 months. Considering all the money I wasted on products I find this is the way to go. I will never go back to my frizzy curly/wavy hair ever, ever again. Vacation is now a breeze and pictures are now worth buying.

There have been so many of these threads through the years. I have probably bought each and every product that someone raves about. THEY DO NOT WORK for me. PERIOD. I have wasted soooooo much money on products. The tshirt or microfiber cloth trick doesn't work either. Nope, still had a uncontrolled mess. Then, someone started a thread on the community board about the Keritan straightening treatments so I tried it. Voila, my wonder treatment. It is not a chemical treatment. That was probably 3 or 4 years ago and I love, love, love my hair. I can now be in humidity and rain. My hair is soft and shiny. It's healthy and not dry anymore. It is expensive but it works for me for about 6 months. You have to get it done in a salon. I tried a few different brands at different salons. They all work but my very favorite is at Ulta of all places. It is called Kera Straight. Depending on the stylist it could cost you around 150.00 and a lot of times I find a 20% off coupon. Remember it last for me around 6 months. Considering all the money I wasted on products I find this is the way to go. I will never go back to my frizzy curly/wavy hair ever, ever again. Vacation is now a breeze and pictures are now worth buying.

I have spent a TON on products too! My dh would die if he knew how much I spent. The girls I work with love it though because every so often I bring in my expensive products that I only tried a few times and give them to them.

This weekend I noticed I have a lot of breakage and extra frizz so now I am wondering if my thyroid is going bonkers or something else. I have also tried coconut oil, baking soda (once) and vinegar rinse and over the last week or so and I have tried a anti-humidity hairspray. Now I am also wondering if any of those products zapped my hair. Over the weekend I conditioned A LOT! About a hour on Friday afternoon and all night Saturday night. It feels a little better but only because I used a lot of styling oil in it.

I am scared to try the Keratin treatments because I have read where some people's hair doesn't like them and it made the problem worse. It's too expensive for me right now too. I'll just keep deep conditioning and trying a few other products and hope for the best. I really would like it to be in great shape by May for my next cruise. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter