How to justify the price to my hubby?!

It's just money. Is it worth it? Evidently the people who work for DCL think that enough people will think it is worth it. Some folks will pay for those rooms and enjoy the verrandah and others will not.

Our DCL Med Cruise in 2007 cost us $13,500 just for the cruise. Was it worth it? You better beleive it! The debt eventually got paid off and was forgotten but the memory will last till we die. As we get older and the memories start to fade, we'll pull up the 800 digitial pictures of the trip and remember some more.

Life is short. Swing for the fence!

~Mike

We took advantage of the kids sail free offer in May. 4 of us going, 10 nights on the Med for $1998 PLUS an extra $100 each OBC, plus the original $25 OBC I got when I booked online. No way could you get any vacation anywhere for that length of time all inclusive not to mention anything Disney! :cool1:

maybe a dumb question, but I do know if you reside in europe and go on this cruise it is substantially less money, but the $1998 is per person or total? I got a super super low rate for the 3 of us on the may 5 10 night cruise.

It's just money. Is it worth it? Evidently the people who work for DCL think that enough people will think it is worth it. Some folks will pay for those rooms and enjoy the verrandah and others will not.

Our DCL Med Cruise in 2007 cost us $13,500 just for the cruise. Was it worth it? You better beleive it! The debt eventually got paid off and was forgotten but the memory will last till we die. As we get older and the memories start to fade, we'll pull up the 800 digitial pictures of the trip and remember some more.

Life is short. Swing for the fence!

~Mike

I definitely value trip memories more than I value "stuff" - but I still wouldn't spend $5400 for a 5-night Bahamas cruise. You can make the same memories by cruising on the Dream in the spring or fall when cruises are much less expensive.

I could never justify paying that price for a cabin. You can get 2 weeks aboard another ship for that price! As much as I love Disney, there is no way that I could do that.

maybe a dumb question, but I do know if you reside in europe and go on this cruise it is substantially less money, but the $1998 is per person or total? I got a super super low rate for the 3 of us on the may 5 10 night cruise.

Total. She got the kids sail free offer plus the $999/pp rate for the first two people by booking a cat. 12 cabin. I don't think the kids sail free can be combined with the cat. 12 on the 2010 Med cruises any longer.

Total. She got the kids sail free offer plus the $999/pp rate for the first two people by booking a cat. 12 cabin. I don't think the kids sail free can be combined with the cat. 12 on the 2010 Med cruises any longer.

yes, but for the kids sail free, isn't 1 free child per 2 paying adults??..she stated that there is 4 of them total. you are right, about cat 12 not being available for this promotion. anyway, from what i understand, only 1 kid per 2 paying adults....is this right??? it gets confusing and get different answers depending on whom you speak with,

I was able to book cat 12 GTY with the KFO offer. It's myself and my three sons. I had to pay for two adult fares at $999 each for myself and one of my sons. The other two boys were free. I did get a break on the taxes since I don't live in the USA but that was just about $100 off.

It must be even 2 kids are free as long as 2 paying adults are in the same stateroom...was cat 12 ever even available for this offer? i have been looking now for about 1 month and have never even see cat 12 offered with the kids sail free....this 10 night cruise is looking pretty empty as of now, i guess all the cat 12's will be upgraded if the boat does not fill up, right? i know it is months away, but there sure does seem to be a LOT of inventory left!

I was able to book cat 12 GTY with the KFO offer. It's myself and my three sons. I had to pay for two adult fares at $999 each for myself and one of my sons. The other two boys were free. I did get a break on the taxes since I don't live in the USA but that was just about $100 off.

wow, you got a HUGE deal, how long ago did you book? i have not seen the cat 12 offered for the kids sail free ever...the boat is looking pretty empty too, as of now, you are assured at least a cat 11, but i bet if things don't fill up, you will upgraded even more! and how did you get the $100 on board credit per person? i don't see that offer anywhere!

It must be even 2 kids are free as long as 2 paying adults are in the same stateroom...was cat 12 ever even available for this offer? i have been looking now for about 1 month and have never even see cat 12 offered with the kids sail free....this 10 night cruise is looking pretty empty as of now, i guess all the cat 12's will be upgraded if the boat does not fill up, right? i know it is months away, but there sure does seem to be a LOT of inventory left!

It was totally a case of checking at exactly the right time. Originally I booked all 6 of us on the Dover/Barcelona cruise for July. Was going to cost us nearly $7000 but my teenage son decided against the cruise and my husband told me to take the little ones and go. So I went back my DCL reservation and looked for another cruise and just read there was a KFO offer. The first cruise I checked (May 5th) I got the total of $1998. I thought it had to be a mistake so I deleted everything and tried again and I got the same fare. So I called DCL and had them switch my deposit from the old cruise to the new cruise. So I was paid in full! There's a few others on here that were able to get the same deal however just for the heck of it I went back and checked a few days later and the cat 12 KFO offer was no longer there. I know the cruise isn't very full and since I booked I was given the $400 OBC. Any more discounts and DCL will actually be paying us! :lmao:

wow, you got a HUGE deal, how long ago did you book? i have not seen the cat 12 offered for the kids sail free ever...the boat is looking pretty empty too, as of now, you are assured at least a cat 11, but i bet if things don't fill up, you will upgraded even more! and how did you get the $100 on board credit per person? i don't see that offer anywhere!

I just booked on 11/11/09. It was a spur of the moment decision. I came into a bit of money and wanted to take the family on a trip. I expected to pay about £5000 (about $7500) but I just stumbled into this deal. I was so shocked and chuffed at the same time. I havent stopped grinning in months. As far as the OBC go. A gal on our cruise told me she got a letter stating the $100 per person OBC but I didnt get one. So I called DCL and they told me I did get the credit but may not get the letter as I live in the UK but I definately got it. But I never saw it advertised anywhere. Also the original $25 OBC for when I booked. In fact only today I got my confirmation letter in the mail.

Hey Goofy Mum, I have 4 kids (3 of which are boys) and when my oldest was 14 I really thought I might kill him! :scared1:(Kidding, of course) He's 16 now and a completely different kid now. I always loved him but now I actually like him! Hang in there, it gets better! Our last 2 Disney trips he refused to go w/us and stayed w/grandparents. We're going this March and he wants to come along!!! I don't know what happens around 14 but I'm convinced there is some sort of brain dysfunction that happens! We always joked that his frontal lobe wasn't working!!:rotfl2: Anyway, it gets better! I say leave him at home and go on your cruise. There's nothing worse than a grumpy teen on a family vacation!:headache:

ok, thanks for the follow up post..i will call DCL shortly and get the credit too, i will let you know! i also got a $50 OBC cause I paid with my disney visa, which was nice as well..i think i am asking for too much, but hey, why not?

Hey Goofy Mum, I have 4 kids (3 of which are boys) and when my oldest was 14 I really thought I might kill him! :scared1:(Kidding, of course) He's 16 now and a completely different kid now. I always loved him but now I actually like him! Hang in there, it gets better! Our last 2 Disney trips he refused to go w/us and stayed w/grandparents. We're going this March and he wants to come along!!! I don't know what happens around 14 but I'm convinced there is some sort of brain dysfunction that happens! We always joked that his frontal lobe wasn't working!!:rotfl2: Anyway, it gets better! I say leave him at home and go on your cruise. There's nothing worse than a grumpy teen on a family vacation!:headache:

Thanks for your reply. Reading it nearly brought me to tears of relief its not just a problem with my son. I've been feeling like a bad mother for taking this trip without him! Even my mother has tried to make me feel guilty about going without him. It's not fair to the other kids however for them to have a nice holiday ruined because of their pain in the derriere brother!
Big hugs and many many thanks for your reply! :love:

ok, thanks for the follow up post..i will call DCL shortly and get the credit too, i will let you know! i also got a $50 OBC cause I paid with my disney visa, which was nice as well..i think i am asking for too much, but hey, why not?

Great stuff. Are you confirmed on the same cruise? The May 5th Med?

The $100/pp OBC was for people who booked the 2010 Europe cruises by a certain date in November. You can ask DCL for it, but I wouldn't expect to get it, if I were you.

Great stuff. Are you confirmed on the same cruise? The May 5th Med?

yes, we are confirmed on same cruise. I got the cat 12 with KFO offer, but only after a hard time on the phone, but it worked out..As far as the $100 OBC offer, they said they will give it, but I need the promo code. As I do not have the letter, I do not have the code either. I will try and post in the main forum and see if someone will share the code they have. It is worth a try!

Goofy mum, I'm glad I could help! Don't feel guilty leaving your teen. I told myself Disney is way too expensive to spend it on somehow who doesn't appreciate it! They do come around eventually with enough love and support!

I have a 13 yr old boy and am scared to death to go through it again! :eek:I may need some support from you in a year or two when you're on the other end and I'm in the middle of it!

Goofy mum, I'm glad I could help! Don't feel guilty leaving your teen. I told myself Disney is way too expensive to spend it on somehow who doesn't appreciate it! They do come around eventually with enough love and support!

I have a 13 yr old boy and am scared to death to go through it again! :eek:I may need some support from you in a year or two when you're on the other end and I'm in the middle of it!

Well it's support from one mom to another that keeps us from hanging ourselves with waxed dental floss! :lmao:

I have four sons. The next will be 12 in a few months. He's so kind, sweet and considerate I can't imagine him turning into a troll ;)

But they're all happy and loved so I guess I just have to let my teens come into their own and try not to nag too much. I'm lucky all things considered. They're all top students and have great friends. :thumbsup2

I agree. We have sailed with Disney 6 times now and have 2 more cruises planned with one of them on the maiden voyage of the Dream. Nothing but the best. It is just my husband and I , no kids, but we love the Disney "magic"; we have talked to other cruisers who have taken other cruise lines and they said to stick with Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter