How to invite 2 other families?

jcf

DIS Veteran
I am looking at 4 other adults and 5 young children to go with me and my son.
Besides a Grandvilla, how could it be set up?

a 2-bedroom and a studio or 1-bedroom

or 3 studios (my choice - save money and everyone has their space)

or 1-bedroom and 2 studios (the 1-bedroom is for everyone to meet in and discuss the plans) the 1-bedroom would be your as the member.

I would book something so someone has a living room to get together in. We usually have a 2 bedroom and however many studios that we need. Usually a 2 bedroom is fewer points than a 1 bedroom and a single. Plus, if you're staying in a resort with a dedicated you then get 2 real beds in that second bedroom. Now BCV is the exception, if you're going to be there you have to book a dedicated 2 bedroom with the 2 beds. If that's what you want, be sure to book it.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We have five adults and five children our September VB trip. We've got a two bedroom, and two studios.

If you cant do the GV I would say you have to go with the two bedroom and a studio idea to have a place to hang out.
We have a trip coming up with 14 of us (8 DAs and 6 DKs). I am going back and forth between on all the possible combinations we could use and its making my head spin. But we are going to try for and OKW GV just so we have the GV to hang out in.

If you can swing a GV they are worth the points with a large group. Last year we had a trip with 10 of us and we did a GV and a 2brm at BWV (mainly adults). We got one of the two floor GVs. The 1st night there we were hanging out on the balcony having drinks and watching illuminations, and the fireworks from MK. All I could think of was "this is why we got DVC". It is something I will never forget:cool1:
My BIL who has never been to the world just smiled at me and said "well all I can say is this does not suck". He is hooked for life...:thumbsup2

.....My BIL who has never been to the world just smiled at me and said "well all I can say is this does not suck". He is hooked for life...:thumbsup2
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I have a BIL just like that, LOL.

If you do set up different rooms (ie, 2 BRs or studios), register as a Grand Gathering. I was told this helps you get rooms close together. I haven't done it yet; we are pondering such a trip for next year though.
Good luck!

I think it all depends on who you are traveling with.

We had DH's family with us at HH in a GV. 4 Adults and 5 kids - ages 24 - 7. We ended up with us in the Master BR with our DH 7 on an twin aero bed. and DH sister, family of 6, on the 2nd floor. Worked out great.

We are traveling with my sister this summer. Her DH needs his space. :confused3 So we have 2 - 2 BR's instead so he can have it, and we don't have to deal with him. :banana: LOL We are a party of 5 adults (Grampy is joining us), and 4 boys 2 - 11.

So, consider who gets along, and who doesn't.

Janis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter