How to go about finding a great travel agent?

Jill72

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are thinking about taking our first cruise sometime in the next year or so. Since we are newbies to cruising - I think we'd feel better if we used a travel agent - even though normally we do all our own travel booking.

So since we don't already have a fave agent - how should we go about finding a good agent who is well versed in all things DCL?

The sponsors of this board - Dreams Unlimited KNOW DCL probably better than anyone. You won't get a face to face - but you will get a good TA!!

BTW we've never used DU - so I don't have first hand knowledge - but many that are / have been here on the DIS over the years have - and most seem to be very happy with them.

We used to have a great TA - until he retired :( boo hoo!! now we do it ourselves.

My DH and I are thinking about taking our first cruise sometime in the next year or so. Since we are newbies to cruising - I think we'd feel better if we used a travel agent - even though normally we do all our own travel booking.

So since we don't already have a fave agent - how should we go about finding a good agent who is well versed in all things DCL?

I personally think that you have some of the best in the business sponsoring this board. We've used Debbie Lasher from Dreams for 2 cruises now and will definately be calling her for any and all future Disney trips.

I'll echo the others in suggesting Dreams. We've used them for a number of cruises and also for a Disneyland trip. They know Disney much better than most brick and motar travel agents.

I have a great travel agent, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post her name or company since she's not a Dreams agent.

She is so personable and sweet, not to mention extremely knowledgeable of DCL. She has been available whenever I needed her and is always so patient while I"m trying to make up my mind.

Email me if you want her name/company.

Lori P. :)
momm2four1@comcast.net

Ask your friends and neighbors. We've had the same travel agent for 25 years (she has worked at 4 different agencies but we always follow her).

I'm glad others have had good luck with Dream Unlimited, because the one time I tried them I was quite disappointed. Trying to reach the agent & getting a response was literally like throwing darts blindfolded. Within a couple of weeks, I went back to my fave agent with Vacations To Go.

Convince me why I should ever try Dreams again?
Gayle

I am planning my first cruise for October 2008. I have been emailing with Dreams Unlimited and have been very pleased. From what I can gather my rate was better than what my sister felt I could've gotten from AAA. During one day I probably emailed back and forth with my TA 4 or 5 times and got speedy replies. I booked it this weekend and was worried that it wouldn't go through until Monday, which was past my validation date, and her email referred me to someone else because she was out of town. I emailed that agent and got responses back from him very quickly as well. I emailed her again today about adding a crib and switching meal times and got speedy replies then too. I haven't had the cruise yet, so take it for what it is worth, but so far I've been pleased.

We have used them about a dozen times..
Have always had, no problems with there service..
Sue Ellen is Great!..

Dreams also Went above and beyond the Call of Duty on our last cruise...

Sponsored a Dis event.. :woohoo:

All the Clients, had Brunch paid for, In Palo.. :woohoo: In the private room and other tables.

We also received a really kewl gift in our stateroom..

I know, Dreams would like to do this sorta thing on other cruises as well..

They also have an onboard credit that will save you some money!!!
See it here...

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/specials.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter