How to get wax out of clothes?

rascalmom

<font color=purple>Business trips should include a
I spilled candle wax on some good slacks when we went to our church's Christmas Eve candlelight service. I stuck them away to deal with later & I just found them.

Any idea how to get white wax out of dark brown slacks? I think the fabric is a cotton/rayon blend. :confused3 Help please!

Maybe the same way you get it out of a rug? Dampen a paper towel, put it on top of the wax spot and then iron on low. The wax should stick to the paper towel. Good luck!

I would use a brown paper bag and an iron. I had wax on a brand new couch. I just opened up the bag, a small lunch bag works good, put it on the wax and put the warm iron on the bag. The wax should be lifted off the fabric.

Before you do the ironing, i would try freezing them first. Freeze the area with the wax and chip/scrape as much wax off as possible. If you get enough off and there's just a greasy residue I might skip the ironing all together, stain treat it and wash them.

I work in a candle store & we get this question a lot! Try the freezing method first - because most candles have essential oils in them - when you apply heat to that it will leave a greasy stain on the fabric that generally does not come out. You may end up with the grease spot anyway, even after you freeze the wax & pick it off - unfortunately some candles are more oily than others.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter