How to get to Universal from Poly?

marehoodlum

Earning My Ears
We are planning a Nov 2012 trip, and for the first time, considered going "off" to Universal for a day... but if we did...does anyone know the easiest way to get there? we are NOT renting a car... is there a shuttle, or do we have to get a taxi :scared1:

we did this last Sept, we took a cab from ALK to Universal to go to the WWoHP. Unfortunately we had a horrible experience so it was a waste of 1/2 a day for us, but the cab ride was about $35 each way. The guys right out front hailed a cab for us.

You can set up a shuttle service with Mears Transportation or take a cab. Universal sells a 1 day park to park ticket with transportation as well so that could be an option too.

I see that you don't want to rent a car, but it worked very well for us. We rented a car from National, Emerald Club at the CCC, which is right by the Poly. I enrolled in the Emerald Club for free using a link on mousesavers.com. We rented to get from the Poly to US for about $35.00 a day with the Emerald Club discount and another discount from mousesavers.com.

It was cheaper for us to rent a car, then to take a shuttle for 4 or a taxi round trip. It was super easy and worth considering :)

Dreams Unlimited ( you can find them on this site) sells a 2 park/1 day US ticket that includes same day rt bus service through Mears for a per person price. I think it is $124 pp. We had planned to go this route, but have found a super cheap car rental, so we are renting a car instead. Good luck.

The Mears shuttles are $19.00 round trip. We always use them and have never had a problem. Just call the day before to arrange a pick up time and then about two hours before you are ready to leave Universal to go back to WDW given them another call to arrange a pick up time. The number is 407-423-5566.

I agree with the PP's who say the Dreams Unlimited deal is the best. You reserve your shuttle time 24 hours before you want to go to Universal. They do pick you up at your desired time, but they also pick everyone else who reserved close times up as well, so you may not go directly there. Keep that in mind if that is important to you. It is to me, if we go to Universal I am adamant about being at the gate one hour early.

We took at cab from the Poly last year, and it was about $90 round trip after tip. Pricey, but at least we went and left whenever we were ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter