how to get to rainforest cafe from magic kingdoom

allisonw

Earning My Ears
i'm wondering if i can take one from MK to AK after AK has closed? Surely there's something in place for people dining at rainforest after AK has closed.

I know I can drive but im worried about not having enough time to get on the ferry, get to our car then drive to AK our ressie is at 830 MK closes at 8pm.

Thanks.

i'm wondering if i can take one from MK to AK after AK has closed? Surely there's something in place for people dining at rainforest after AK has closed.

I know I can drive but im worried about not having enough time to get on the ferry, get to our car then drive to AK our ressie is at 830 MK closes at 8pm.

Thanks.

There is no direct bus from MK to DAK.
You must go to TTC and take the bus from there.

An alternate route would be to walk from MK to the Contemporary Resort and take a bus to DAK from there.

Technically, bus drivers are not supposed to take you TO a park after it is closed, but you could tell the driver why you are going there.

I see no reason why you just don't go ahead and drive.

No matter which way to decide to go, you really need to leave MK by about 7:15pm.

Also, there is another Rainforest Cafe at DTD.

I would be worried about getting back to your car if you take WDW transportation to AK from MK. I am not sure how late the busses run after parks close, I would be worried about you being stranded there. Like the PP stated you might want to make ressie at the RFC in DTD.

There is no direct bus from MK to DAK.
You must go to TTC and take the bus from there.

An alternate route would be to walk from MK to the Contemporary Resort and take a bus to DAK from there.

Technically, bus drivers are not supposed to take you TO a park after it is closed, but you could tell the driver why you are going there.

I see no reason why you just don't go ahead and drive.

No matter which way to decide to go, you really need to leave MK by about 7:15pm.

Also, there is another Rainforest Cafe at DTD.

I would be worried about getting back to your car if you take WDW transportation to AK from MK. I am not sure how late the busses run after parks close, I would be worried about you being stranded there. Like the PP stated you might want to make ressie at the RFC in DTD.

leave MK by 715? wow, that would mean allowing an hour and fifteen minutes, that's a lot of time. i'll plan to drive and move my reservation later.

i can make one at dtd but i still have the same problem, no direct transportation from MK to DTD either.

i can make one at dtd but i still have the same problem, no direct transportation from MK to DTD either.

But the DTD buses run until after 2am.
You can board a DTD bus at the Contemporary Resort.

And, yes, getting from MK at a time near to park closing time to anywhere at a distance can take a long, long time.

A 7:15pm exit will get you out ahead of some of the MK exit rush, which can delay you by 30-45 minutes in itself.

You really want to get to a ressie 15 minutes early, if you can, too.

I don't know about that...I always liked the ribs at Rainforest. And let's get serious...point out a place at WDW that isn't overpriced.

But we have never had a bad meal at RFC either at DTD or AK. It's not gourmet by any means, just standard chain fare, but it has always been well prepared and served the right temperature.

The service on the other hand always has something to be desired. Servers always seem overwhelmed and under trained. I have worked in restaurants all my life, on both sides of the establishment and am always amazed at the number of servers who always seem to be wandering around these restaurants with a totally lost look on their faces. Our last server was very nice but DH and I both commented on how she looked as if she had never been there before, and as if she had just been blipped there by Sam from "Bewitched"!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And for what you get, yes, it's overpriced, but my kids love the place, so once a year, we do it!

As far as getting there from the MK. We always spring for the cab to get over the the AK area. It's always seems so removed from everything else. The buses run for tow hours after a park officially closed, but I also hear that they will never strand guests. Not sure I'd test that theory, though. What time does AK close that day and what time is your reservation. The other thing you need to think about is that meals always seem to take FOREVER there.

Karen

I don't know about that...I always liked the ribs at Rainforest. And let's get serious...point out a place at WDW that isn't overpriced.

The courtesy cups of "Coke" at Ice Station Cool (forget what the name is now).:thumbsup2 Just don't get the wrong one or you'll pay in a different sort of way!!:scared1: :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter