How to get to early breakfasts?

PlutosBone17

Earning My Ears
We have breakfast booked for the Poly (8am), GF (8:20am) and MK (8:25am) but the MK doesn't open until 9am.

We will be staying at POFQ with a 4yo and 2yo and will not have a car or car seats.

If buses start running 60 minutes before the park opens does that mean I have no chance to get to an 8am breakfast at the Poly?

Let your resort Concierge know you have early breakfast reservations at Poly and they'll give you a time to be waiting for the bus that gets diners to their breakfast reservations.

However, the busses do not go from one resort to another, so on your Poly and GF morning, you would have to go to the TTC (I think that is the switch-off point) and change busses. I would recommend taking a cab. That is what my family did when we stayed at POR and went to breakfast at the Poly. It cost about $20, but it was well worth the time (and sleep) it saved. At the suggestion of the hotel, I ordered a cab the night before, but that probably wasn't necessary. Incidentally, our kids were 4,6, and 8 at the time and I didn't even think about boosters/car seats. I think that I have heard they are not required by law in taxis, but I am not certain about that.

We have breakfast booked for the Poly (8am), GF (8:20am) and MK (8:25am) but the MK doesn't open until 9am.

We will be staying at POFQ with a 4yo and 2yo and will not have a car or car seats.

If buses start running 60 minutes before the park opens does that mean I have no chance to get to an 8am breakfast at the Poly?
Buses start running by 6:30 each morning. BUT...these buses tend to run less frequently than the regular resort to park buses. So, with that in mind...

1. Polynesian for 8am..be out at the bus stop by 6:45. You'll need to get to MK, then monorail (or boat) to the Polynesian. You can ask the driver which method is faster to the Poly...they may offer to drop you there on their way out of the MK area.

2.GF for 8:20am...be out at the bus stop by 7. Same deal as above.

3. MK for 8:25...be out at the bus stop by 7:30 (later since you don't have to continue on to a resort).

I wouldn't bother asking anyone within the resort what time to be at a bus stop for an ADR. The vast majority of CMs have no idea what the buses do. I've had many CMs tell me that I'll have to get a cab to an early morning ADR since buses won't be running!!! And yes, that's at the concierge level!!! Go figure.

However, the busses do not go from one resort to another, so on your Poly and GF morning, you would have to go to the TTC (I think that is the switch-off point) and change busses. I would recommend taking a cab. That is what my family did when we stayed at POR and went to breakfast at the Poly. It cost about $20, but it was well worth the time (and sleep) it saved. At the suggestion of the hotel, I ordered a cab the night before, but that probably wasn't necessary. Incidentally, our kids were 4,6, and 8 at the time and I didn't even think about boosters/car seats. I think that I have heard they are not required by law in taxis, but I am not certain about that.
Just to clarify, the bus stops at MK are not at TTC. They are over by the park itself (between Contemporary and the Park).

I'd reconsider breakfasts at Poly & GF.

Too much work going resort to resort, particularly with 2 y.o.

I heard about buses being at the resorts around 6:30am for early morning ADRs so for our 7:30 ADR at Kona, we made sure to be at the bus stop by 6:30. Unfortunately, we had to wait for the bus until 7am and I was so nervous that we would be late since we still had to get to MK then take a bus or monorail to the Poly. Luckily the bus driver dropped us right off at the Poly since only 2 other people were on the bus and were headed to GF for breakfast. I've heard of other drivers doing that on here, but wouldn't always count on it. So definitely try to be at the bus stop by 6:30! You may be waiting for 30 minutes or so, but it's better than being late and charged.

Maybe someone else can confirm this, but on our last trip we heard that the buses that have the weird names across them (like usually where they say "Magic Kingdom" or "Epcot" or something), are the buses that take you from hotel to hotel for ADRs.

we heard that the buses that have the weird names across them (like usually where they say "Magic Kingdom" or "Epcot" or something), are the buses that take you from hotel to hotel for ADRs.

Usually those buses (frequently they will have a character name instead of the destination ) are for transporting CMs.

Here is some bus info you may find helpful.:)

Resort buses start early because of the Early ADRs/Tours.:)

Here is some "research" I did at All-Star Sports to see exactly how close to the often mentioned 6:30 AM start time each bus arrived.

Just keep in mind,this is just a "snapshot" of one particular Resort on two particular mornings.:)

Day 1
6:18 AM----Magic Kingdom
6:56 AM----Magic Kingdom
6:58 AM----Magic Kingdom
7:00 AM----Magic Kingdom
7:01 AM----Hollywood Studios
7:12 AM----Magic Kingdom
7:12 AM----Epcot
7:16 AM----Animal Kingdom
7:16 AM----Hollywood Studios
7:17 AM----That's one hour of my life I won't get back!lol;):)
Day 2
6:17 AM----Magic Kingdom
6:30 AM----Magic Kingdom
6:38 AM----Magic Kingdom
6:54 AM----Magic Kingdom
6:55 AM----Hollywood Studios
7:11 AM----Magic Kingdom
7:11 AM----Hollywood Studios
7:11 AM----Epcot
7:15 AM----Animal Kingdom
7:16 AM----Time To PLAY!:)

I'd reconsider breakfasts at Poly & GF.

Too much work going resort to resort, particularly with 2 y.o.

Thank you everyone!

The kids usually wake up around 5-6am, so waking up early isn't too big of a deal for us. We go to bed early so that helps!

We went for early breakfasts on MK days because there is a MNSSHP each of those days and we plan to be out of there by 4.

We usually stay at Deluxe resorts and Im starting to remember why. Just have to convince the other family we are going with to switch from POFQ to WL or Poly :)

I disagree with those that said too much transporting with littles to GF and Poly for breakfast. We've done it with our 4 year old and stayed at POFQ and it was no issue at all and she especially loved the characters at both (although didn't quite get why Mary Poppins looked the way she did as she never saw the movie). Enjoy breakfast!

I would take a taxi. Disney transportation is frustrating to me, so anything that required more than one step (such as bus to MK, monorail to GF) was a non-starter. That said, when we did stay on property, we did have ADRs at other resorts, and the taxi was the perfect solution.

DO NOT rely on the busses to get you to your early morning ADRs, particularly from the PO resorts. Trust me, just take a cab to each. You will thank me for this advice later.

As long as you tell the concierge in advance they will give you a time to get on the bus. The only difficult time is the Poly. The boat from the MK is faster to the GF but the monorail is probably slightly faster to the poly.

DO NOT rely on the busses to get you to your early morning ADRs, particularly from the PO resorts. Trust me, just take a cab to each. You will thank me for this advice later.
I have had no problems relying on the buses for early morning adrs from both POR/FQ. I guess we have been lucky. I know the buses are a hit or miss, but I have had some of the best bus experience in the early morning hours right as they start. A bus driver took me straight to the Poly from POFQ at 6:30am so I could make my 7:30am Kona adr with plenty of time- I know they don't always do that, but I was the only one on the bus at the time. I have 2 adrs for GFC all before 7:30am for my Nov trip and I plan on being out at the bus stop before 6:30am for these. If I feel like a bus isn't going to show up in time, I will take a cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter