How to get the best photos taken for photopass

This may sound like a stupid question, but are the PP CMs around in the rain at all? I'm seeing the extended forecast for next week calling for rain for a few days (from what I can tell, not the pop-up kind, but the all day kind). Will we see any PP CM or are they inside anywhere? Anyone have any experiences to share?

We had a PhotoPass photographer stop my husband to ask if he could take a photo - so it does happen. I'm going to attempt to attach a photo.

Photo0089FourBySix.jpg

We have gone twice for our youngest son's birthday. Both times I asked a CM selling balloons if they minded holding the bunch of balloons close to the ground and have him/his brother stand in front of them. The CM's were happy to, and the pictures are really cute. I took those photos. I'm not sure if the Photopass Photographers are able to take a photo like that, but I am going to ask them on our next trip. Hoping to get a photo of all four of us in front of the balloons.

I had read this tip before and used it last year::love:

Write your name on the Photopass card in permanent marker. This way if things get hectic - as they do sometimes - you are positive the card you leave with is the one that belongs to you.

Sept 2011 - 6th visit in 6 years :dance3:

This may sound like a stupid question, but are the PP CMs around in the rain at all? I'm seeing the extended forecast for next week calling for rain for a few days (from what I can tell, not the pop-up kind, but the all day kind). Will we see any PP CM or are they inside anywhere? Anyone have any experiences to share?

yes.. we all had ponchos on and we had put a poncho over the stroller and my son 3 at the time was very grumpy with a grumpy face on.. and the pp person took a really cute shot of it and I framed it with Donald duck.. :) it was raining then...

the CD is awesome with tons of boarders and fun things to do.. I am defiantly doing it again.. Just show your card and get a ton of pics.. we had over 500 and some very cool ones.. just like the pp said.. they are like bartenders..

All good tips.

Get as many PP taken as you can.
Tell every photographer that you are buying the CD and tell them to take as many pix as they want. (some will only take the required 3, others will take more)
Ask every photographer if they do "Magic Shots"
Hand them your camera as well.

Night Shots-
Stand still-don't move. Sometimes it seems like they are foucsed on the icon, etc behind you so you may be slighlty out of focus. If you move, you will be blurred (as will the people who walk through your shots).

Waterparks-
Last Sept. we didn't find one PP photographer in either TL or BB. Weekend or Weekday. I even asked at GS. This was a change from previous Septembers. So if you are going during slower times, the PP photographers may not be there.:confused3

Record your number
Besides putting your info on your card(s) (This way you will know you get your card back) I also rec. taking a picture of the back of your card(s)_ to have a record of the numbers. That way if you lose the card you can still enter the number online to retreive your photos.

HAVE FUN!

We will be there in 46 days and I will be prepurchasing Photopass be sure if your going to get it to prepurchase for $99. We always get Photopass and as others have said be sure to get as many pictures as you can. Also, don't forget they are also at the water parks, the wave pool photographs usually turn out good. I always get the CD and then go on photobucket or snapfish and make a nice wall calendar from the pictures on the CD :thumbsup2

is the one you're prepurchasing the one called "Disney's PhotoCD" on the photopass site? it is listed for $149.95 on the photopass site right now. if it's only 99 no!w I'll be prepurchasing it too

is the one you're prepurchasing the one called "Disney's PhotoCD" on the photopass site? it is listed for $149.95 on the photopass site right now. if it's only 99 no!w I'll be prepurchasing it too

You used to have to get an email to get this discount but now you don't. There is a very important change to this pre-buy. In the past you could pre-buy it AFTER you returned home as long as you did before you entered any of your PP card numbers in your account. NOW you must buy it before any PP are taken. Any PP taken before purchase will not appear on the pre-buy CD.

And yes, this is a good deal! :goodvibes

You used to have to get an email to get this discount but now you don't. There is a very important change to this pre-buy. In the past you could pre-buy it AFTER you returned home as long as you did before you entered any of your PP card numbers in your account. NOW you must buy it before any PP are taken. Any PP taken before purchase will not appear on the pre-buy CD.

So is there a code to put in to get it down to 99? I couldn't even find the add to cart button (it wasn't there and I even made dh look too!)

How do you pre order the CD? Before you leave home on the internet? When you get to Disney? (If so, where?) Are the pictures on the CD good quality (can you make really large prints?) or are they less pixelated for only viewing on computers? Are the borders on the CD as well or do you get on the photopass website to edit the pics with borders? Also, when you take the CD to Walgreens, Walmart, etc. to get pics printed, do the photo printers ever refuse to do it because they are "proffessional" photographs? Does the CD come with a release allowing the purchaser to have as many prints made from the pics as they want? I've had professional portraits put on CD's before that I wasn't able to print because 1.either the quality of the file was low or 2. the photo printer refused to print without a release from the photographer. If I pay 100 bucks, I wanna get plenty of use out of my pictures!!! Also, I have photoshop - if I crop a pic to get a closeup from a farther away shot, will the quality still be okay enough to make an 8X10?

So is there a code to put in to get it down to 99? I couldn't even find the add to cart button (it wasn't there and I even made dh look too!)

I also just searched everywhere on the PhotoPass site. I created an account (without a PhotoPass ID because I haven't been to Disney yet) and tried to find where I could pre-order for $99.95 but I couldn't find it. I sent the PhotoPass people an email. If I find out anything, I'll let you all know!

Thanks to everyone who has used it before...great tips! I definitely think buying the CD will be worth the money!
!

How do you pre order the CD? Before you leave home on the internet? When you get to Disney? (If so, where?) Are the pictures on the CD good quality (can you make really large prints?) or are they less pixelated for only viewing on computers? Are the borders on the CD as well or do you get on the photopass website to edit the pics with borders? Also, when you take the CD to Walgreens, Walmart, etc. to get pics printed, do the photo printers ever refuse to do it because they are "proffessional" photographs? Does the CD come with a release allowing the purchaser to have as many prints made from the pics as they want? I've had professional portraits put on CD's before that I wasn't able to print because 1.either the quality of the file was low or 2. the photo printer refused to print without a release from the photographer. If I pay 100 bucks, I wanna get plenty of use out of my pictures!!! Also, I have photoshop - if I crop a pic to get a closeup from a farther away shot, will the quality still be okay enough to make an 8X10?

If you go to this website, it will tell you everything you need to know about photopass:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

How do you pre order the CD? Before you leave home on the internet? When you get to Disney? (If so, where?) Are the pictures on the CD good quality (can you make really large prints?) or are they less pixelated for only viewing on computers? Are the borders on the CD as well or do you get on the photopass website to edit the pics with borders? Also, when you take the CD to Walgreens, Walmart, etc. to get pics printed, do the photo printers ever refuse to do it because they are "professional" photographs? Does the CD come with a release allowing the purchaser to have as many prints made from the pics as they want? I've had professional portraits put on CD's before that I wasn't able to print because 1.either the quality of the file was low or 2. the photo printer refused to print without a release from the photographer. If I pay 100 bucks, I wanna get plenty of use out of my pictures!!! Also, I have photoshop - if I crop a pic to get a closeup from a farther away shot, will the quality still be okay enough to make an 8X10?

Yes, you get a release. I have never had an issue getting prints made. I usually order from Sam's or Snapfish. If I am ordering a lot I will just inc. a copy of the release as a photo. I've never had them ask me for anything else.

As far as cropping and getting good quality it depends on how much you crop. There is an option of saving the photos to 8 x 10 option. I would do that for those you are going to crop down. On the site itself it will only let you crop down to a certain size (pretty small) and then it will tell you that you can't crop any further due to resolution.

The quality of the photos is very good, IMHO.

I saw a message on this board showing what magic shots are offered, when and where but it was at least two years old. Does anyone have more recent info? Are things pretty much the same from a few years ago? Any new magic shots? Any discontinued?

Magic shots are where they add a special animated feature to your photo after it was taken. Sorry if this isn't a good explanation. I'm still new. I have read only photographers without a tripod can take them. Also only certain photographers take them at certain times and places. There was a great post showing examples of them but I don't know how to post a link from my phone.. Try searching the board for a post titled Character Cheat Sheet...NEW Photopass Cheat Sheet. It is from 2009 but it will give you an idea of what magic shots look like. Good luck. I hope this helps.

I saw a message on this board showing what magic shots are offered, when and where but it was at least two years old. Does anyone have more recent info? Are things pretty much the same from a few years ago? Any new magic shots? Any discontinued?

Magic shots I have had in the past 3 years:

(HS): Stitch popping up from ground, Lilo w/camera sitting on bench, Mickey waving on bench, Minnie with hands under chin on bench or curb, Stitch eating ice cream on bench, & holding balloons

(MK): Hitchhiking ghosts (MNSSHP only), Ghost on hearse (MNSSHP only), balloons in front of castle, & holding standing Tinkerbell

(AK): Holding Simba & holding sitting Tinkerbell

(EP): Holding standing Tinkerbell

Hope that helps some. :) Also, if you get your magic shots taken and they don't have the magic added, email them and tell them which photos. I had to do that last year with photos from HS. They added them for me. I had no idea I could do this, so I have photos from 3 years ago with DD and I reaching into the sky with no balloons added in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter