How to get my LO to nap in stroller?

I would make sure the baby is a third child with two active older siblings, lol.....in 5.5 months I don't think our son has napped at home once, lol. He sleeps on shoulders, in strollers, in Ergo Carriers, car seats, lol. Wherever he happens to be at the moment. :)

I had my DGD with me when she was 4. I took her for ride on the Magic Kingdom Railroad. SHe went out like a light.

In Epcot, we went into the American Experience. It was cool and dark in there, and it bored her to tears. Again...fast asleep!

This is funny, my boys are the same way on the train and once they fall asleep we just ride around the park 3-4 times until they wake up! Excellent opportunity for the adults to relax as well!

This is funny, my boys are the same way on the train and once they fall asleep we just ride around the park 3-4 times until they wake up! Excellent opportunity for the adults to relax as well!

That is exactly what we did. Kady had started taking a new medication before we left for Disney. Being the conscientious Nana I was, I made sure she took it on schedule. There was a rare side effect that we did nto know about, and over the course of days my sweet little Princess started getting more and more anxious. The train was a Godsend, because once we would board she snuggled up in my arms and fell fast asleep. Poor little peanut was exhausted

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you may find this to be a huge struggle! Last year, our twins were 20 months old. Both fought napping with everything they had, and never once napped at the same time. We tried going back to the resort, but all they did was scream there as well! My best advice is to not overschedule and to play the entire situation by ear. You might get lucky, but it's best to go with low expectations!

We are leaving on July 17 for our second trip, and our children are now 2.5. Our plan is to let them nap when they want to in the stroller or wherever they happen to fall asleep! We aren't going to even try to keep our home/daycare schedules and will just go with the flow. Along those lines, if they do not nap, we plan to leave the parks way before the fireworks and return to the condo for an early bed time!

Best wishes!

take them to disneyworld,where all the extra excitement will wear them out.... then pop them into the stroller and keep walking till they give in!:rotfl2: always worked for me!

FWIW_ my kids never really napped at home much(past 2 years old) but I would always settle tme in their stroller,drape a blanket across the hood to sort of give them a space to 'be alone' (my first kid needed this space) and it always eventually worked....

I think the key is a comfortable stroller. My DD never really napped in a stroller at home, but she would nap in the City Mini we rented at WDW between the ages of 1-2. Her sister was born when she was three. I loved that stroller so much, we bought a double. In fact, DD is now 4 and will occasionally still nap in the City Mini if it is really late or she is really tired. Those naps are getting fewer and fewer.

The City Mini reclines well and the canopy was great for blocking the sun. Plus, I think the parks really wore her out at that age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter